Perkins Sabre 135N Metric or Inch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baggiolini

Vessel Name
Mahalo
Vessel Make
Defever 44
Headed to the new boat and wanted to buy a basic set of tools but I can't figure if the Perkins are metric or inch. Year 2000, YA series. Help!

Headed to the new boat and wanted to buy a basic set of tools but I can't figure if the Perkins are metric or inch. Year 2000, YA series. Help!

There is no such thing as basic tools for a boat engine it seem to be a bit of everything due to all the bits that hang off the engine such as pumps, heat exchange, generator ,exhaust flanges

"Inch" can be S.A.E. or Whitworth or A/F, though some of those may be the same. If it`s Perkins it`s English related, making metric less likely, but Perkins made small marine engines for Volvo,so the mystery remains. Ask Perkins, or look up a Perkins manual, it should tell you.
At the risk of rounding off the flats on the odd nut or bolt head,there are close equivalents, eg. 13mm = 1/2".

Was hoping to just buy one set until I move the whole tool box over next year when both boats are in California but I'll swing by the Depot and buy both Metric and inch.

Depot, Lowes, and Harbor Freight all have sets that contain metric, SAE, as well as 1/4" and 3/8", short and deep sockets.
I can't imagine any boat that won't require both, given the extra add-ons and gizzywidgets.

Back
Top Bottom