Perkins parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

turtle1942

I need a turbo and mixing elbow for a Perkins 165 hp turbo in good condition. Does anyone have one or have a good source for reconditioned parts.

I don't know that TAD does used or reconditioned. But talk to Sherri there - she may have some thoughts.

I monitor Cruisers Forum.com, sister site to this. There was a recent thread looking for a head for a Perkins 4.154 that a couple folks responded to who sounded like they have spare parts. Not sure if something in your size, but wouldn't hurt to view. One such parts person was 2dogsfishin@gmail.com. I don't know him from Adam, but he might have something or know someone who does.

Good luck.

National Marine Exhaust in Marysvill, WA. nationalmarineexhaust.com built SS exhaust elbows for Perkins T63544 for a previous boat and clients. Theirs flow the water more efficiently reducing hot spots. They use the correct materials to weld the seams, which was the shortcoming of the OEM elbow.

Check out any farm equipment outfit. There are hundreds of thousands of those engines on farms. In Canada farm equipment get s 30% subsidy so parts are dramatically cheaper at those places.

Last edited:
I didn’t have the best experience with Foley. Hopefully things have improved but I’d check for recent reviews.

My experience with Foley was not good at all. It was however about 15 years ago. See if there are current reviews.

Rob

OEM Perkins elbows, if still available, would be expensive. And the corrosion at the welds is still an issue with OEM.

My experience with Foley was not good at all. It was however about 15 years ago. See if there are current reviews.

Rob

I totally agree, I recommend staying away from Foley.

The wet elbow can be fabricated there are several places around that can do that.
Is the turbo dry or coolant cooled?
Turbos can easily be adapted.

Back
Top Bottom