Parts for a ford-lehman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MARI

Vessel Name
MARI
Vessel Make
CHEOY LEE 39LRC
Greetings.

Does anyone know of the ford tractor model (or industrial engine) that is exactly like the ford-lehman 2715e? I have tried giving part numbers to a local dealer and they cannot match them with the 120hp ford 6cyl.

Try Bob or Brian at American Diesel
They'll have it.

804 435 3107

Recently I found a fresh water pump on EBay, at rural tractor dealer. The Ford part number in the Lehman parts book was correct,though I think it was an aftermarket part. It is not a Lehman marinizing part. The dealer named a surprising number of vehicles/trucks/tractors it might fit.
The engine was designed/first made in the UK as a Ford Dorset engine. According to someone who used to post here it was unsatisfactory as a truck engine due to wear rates, but a success if the rpm was fairly constant. Being an old engine Ford dealers may not have parts, but as Wxx3 says, American Diesel can help as the effective successors to Lehman.
I bought cooling system parts from fredwarner1, an EBay seller on the West Coast, incl exhaust elbows and heat exchangers and would buy from him again.

Thanks for the info. Was able to speak with Brian this afternoon. I think I have solved the supply problem. Now to address the servicing issues, as a conscientious mechanic is hard to come by in PR.

Thanks, again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom