Pair Of Detroit 6v53

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone with gas that wants to repower with diesel. Here's a couple Detroit Diesels on the East Coast fairly cheap.
They're rated about 200 hp @ 2800. I ran many of these years ago in the USN and they were reliable for me. Much better than any recreational rated diesel.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Twin-Diese...ash=item4d71d7945b:g:YvEAAOSwbM5a1DTi&vxp=mtr

2 stroke Detroits is a hard sell in this day and age...especially in yachts.
I have worked with Detroits for years and am very comfortable with them. 2 stroke only! No 8.2 4 strokes..had 2 and never again!
6-71 in a solid boat? I'm in!

2 stroke Detroits is a hard sell in this day and age...especially in yachts.
I have worked with Detroits for years and am very comfortable with them. 2 stroke only! No 8.2 4 strokes..had 2 and never again!
6-71 in a solid boat? I'm in!
The Perkins 6.354 is fine but I think a 4-53 Detroit would be sweet on our little trawler .

Probably do better to advertise them over on the Hatteras site. Plenty of 42 and 48LRC’s with 453 twins still cranking.

I love the sound of twin 2 stroke Detroits on a crisp still early morning from 20 miles away :)

The 53 series is known to last near forever. Because no one can put up with the noise they make above like 1/3'd power!!

Most efficient machine ever devised for converting diesel fuel into noise!!

(just kidding, sorta..)

The 53 series is known to last near forever. Because no one can put up with the noise they make above like 1/3'd power!!

Most efficient machine ever devised for converting diesel fuel into noise!!

(just kidding, sorta..)

I ran a scrap handling machine for a year or two with a 4-53 in it, and it always struck me as the noisiest DD I'd ever had to tolerate, with a particularly irritating note, most of which seemed to come from the block rather than the exhaust. Much worse than the 6 (machines and compressors), 8V (trucks), and 12V-71's (machinery), and there have been a lot of them.

Might be fine in a boat, though; I wouldn't know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom