Ordering filters online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magicbus

Anyone have a favorite site for ordering fuel and oil filters for Onan, Yanmar and Cummins.

Dave

NAPA ,or your local auto supply store .

Find out weather you can get a "fisherman" discount if you purchase a box of each.

Also works to lower price of lube oil..

Living on an island has its disadvantages and one of them is pricing at the local auto parts/video store. For example, I can pay $22/gallon for Rotella T locally or $13 on the mainland. Rotella T is a stock item most box stores on the mainland but I would have to order the filters from my local shop and them feel bad for not wanting to pay 50% more for the 6 gallons of oil i need. My nearest NAPA, while directly across the bay from me, is 40 minute drive each way. That's why I was looking online. I hadn't thought of their online store, I will check that out to see if I can cross-reference the numbers.

Dave

I sell Baldwin filters in my store and one of my problems is figuring out which ones to stock. I would appreciate it if you guys could tell me what type of engine you have and the part numbers of the filters you use. Baldwin has a real good cross reference dohicky on their website. Dave, I'd be glad to ship to you if I've got the ones you need. If I don't have them, then I probably should get them.

For common stuff Defender Industries might be cheaper than retail + 50%

I have a list of different online marine distributors and shop them from before I order. *I usually buy a case at a time, so right now I'm good for a couple of years. *Everytime somebody mentions a new distributor I bookmark them to the list.

Don't forget Ebay, occasionally I find somebody unloading a partial case of filters dirt cheap. *Just be mindful of shipping and handling, sometimes they like to hose you there and be sure and check if they charge sales tax.

johnesch wrote:
I've ordered Racor filters from Marine Filters and have had good experiences with them.

http://www.marinefilters.com/

John Esch

Fet-Esch
*+1 for marinefilters.com

You do have to watch their shipping charges as they tend to gouge on shipping. Buying Racor filters by the case (4 year supply) was a great deal with shipping about the same as buying 6 filters.

Napa filters are almost exclusively Wix filters. My Cummins C oil filter is $45 (last time I checked) at Napa. Fleet filter.com sells them for $32. If you buy $125 they knock off 10% which is about the shipping. Case quanities seem to get better shipping prices.

Fleet Filter

Ted

Folks purchasing filters in bulk should remember the filters are made-expected to be used almost immediatly.

The metal interior in most is not rust resistant so the filters are best plastic bagged when purchased .

I purchase the oil and on engine fuel filters directly from the engine manufacturer. Once a year to replace is not worth taking a chance. Racor filters wherever I can get them the cheapest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom