Onan MCCK Thermo-Magnetic Choke Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowNSlow77

Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34 Sundeck
Just thought I would ask the question here as I have not been able to find the answer on the SmokStak site, or other sites.

Does anyone have or know where to find an article from DIY Boat Owner that showed how to convert an Onan MCCK choke to manual? I am finding it impossible to find parts for my generator as it is a 1969 model and so far none of the sites I have found have been able to help with replacement parts so a manual conversion is under consideration.

Thanks for any help.

Maybe route a 1/4" hose from flame arrestor up to boat cabin and give it a shot of propane for a cold start. Just thinking aloud.

Otherwise it takes some creative bracketry to convert to cable choke or solenoid choke.

Maybe route a 1/4" hose from flame arrestor up to boat cabin and give it a shot of propane for a cold start. Just thinking aloud.

Otherwise it takes some creative bracketry to convert to cable choke or solenoid choke.

Our boat has no propane on board so I don't think it would be the best answer. I have heard reference to an article that shows how to convert the choke to a manual one, but cannot find it anywhere. Oh well, I will keep at it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom