Okay my first time trying this I am in desperate need for two of these one for each side I need the piece bolts to the block the pin and the pad that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought the engine used and it came without the mounts

I bought the engine used and it came without the mounts

Actually I found two new for 200 a side 400 total at trans Atlantic Diesel in Virginia before I bite the bullet I was taking a shot here to see if maybe someone might have two off old block that might be sitting around long shot but I figured I have nothing to loose

With the pads that bolt to the stringer those are 100 apiece so looks like I going be totally in for 600.00

:confused: Add a question to the topic. When replacing these motor mounts, should you check the engine and shaft line or do you trust it to be straight?

NBs

Well when I bought the boat the port engine was gone but transmission is still bolted in place so I dident unbolt the transmission hoping it will all Aline back up since same engine but that’s why I want the same mounts

Just the mounts that bolt to the engine and the pin that adjusts 300 a side these I am looking for used not the pads that bolt to the stringer I can get those reasonably cheap at most places local

Did you try Trans Atlantic Diesel? They have a pretty good inventory of used Perkins Parts.

Well when I bought the boat the port engine was gone but transmission is still bolted in place so I dident unbolt the transmission hoping it will all Aline back up since same engine but that’s why I want the same mounts

You should start from scratch on re alignment, don’t let the cart lead the horse.
What you hav in front of you now is a perfect opportunity to make things right.
Pay close attention to how the mount is fastened to the stringer, lag bolts are frequently placed in rotted or stripped out end grain wood. A good installation will feature a heavy metal stringer cap or an angle that is perfectly in plane with its twin, and is bolted and epoxied through the stringer.
I do not like the Perkins adjustable mounts, they encourage sloppy installation.
In order for the mounts to work together, they must all be parallel and perpendicular to the engines crankshaft.

You should start from scratch on re alignment, don’t let the cart lead the horse.

What you hav in front of you now is a perfect opportunity to make things right.

Pay close attention to how the mount is fastened to the stringer, lag bolts are frequently placed in rotted or stripped out end grain wood. A good installation will feature a heavy metal stringer cap or an angle that is perfectly in plane with its twin, and is bolted and epoxied through the stringer.

I do not like the Perkins adjustable mounts, they encourage sloppy installation.

In order for the mounts to work together, they must all be parallel and perpendicular to the engines crankshaft.

Thanks I will adhere to this advise thanks for your support

Ok thanks for the advise everyone I found some in California IMG_0853.jpg I bought both of them for 50.00 each do saved 300.00 thanks to all those who tried to help

Great news.

Was it a private party or someone that supplys Perkins parts?

Use sealant on the threads on the starboard side because 2 of the threads on the block are thru tapped into an oil gallery. I forget which two so seal them all.
I had to do this on the T6 I had I was leaking a quart every 5 to 6 running hours thru one of those studs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom