Oil Pressure Sending Unit/Single/Dual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kthoennes

Guru
Vessel Name
Xanadu
Vessel Make
Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
I happen to have a 1996 Mainship 370 Motoryacht with a pair of Marine Power 454's, but this question is really independent of all that I think. I'm shopping for a new oil pressure sending unit. I checked Marine Power's service and parts manuals and googled around and I keep running across alternate "single station" and "dual station" oil pressure sending units. This may be a stupid question, but that means one helm or two helms, right? Output to one gauge or two gauges, right, that's what they mean by "station"? Both units look exactly the same in the photos, but I assume it must be the output current (or resistance?) to drive one or two gauges, correct. Thanks all. Probably a "duh" question.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. k. Give Lauderdale Speedometer a call. They can probably answer any and all questions. That being said I think you may need two a two station (helm) unit for EACH engine. ie: one sender and two gages for each side. Not a duh question at all. Best to get terminology correct for specific regions.

Yes, two stations means it can feed two helms. A big X2 for the Lauderdale Speedo recommendation. Great company, very knowledgable.

Thanks very much, I'll give them a call. Thanks for taking the time to reply, great help. I hate to order the wrong part and have to hassle with a return if my gauge flips out with the wrong sending unit.

My builder sent me a replacement for my oil pressure sender. The sender originally installed was for a dual station. Make sure you get the correct unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom