Northern Lights Mixing Elbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldenDawn

Vessel Name
Golden Dawn
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
I have a Northern Lights M673L - 6 KW generator with a cracked mixing elbow that needs replacing.

Wondering if anyone out there has experience replacing this? My NL is pushed up against a bulkhead and I wonder if the bolts can be accessed without removing the generator. I can feel 3 of the bolts but not the 4th.

I am attaching a photo of the back side of the NL - these were taken at a boat show so I could get to the backside.

Comments/suggestions appreciated.

oops - could not get the photos to attach.

Get the new stainless elbow, I think that may be all they sell now. Not high dollar.

To get clearance to work, can you loosen gen drip pan mounts and scoot the whole thing away from bulkhead?

John: Yes on the SS elbow. If NL doesn't sell them, Coastal Marine in Seattle does.

When we replaced ours, I took the ends and top off the sound shield then removed the exhaust hose from the muffler to the elbow. I did have to unmount the muffler to get the hose off first. I was then able to get to the old elbow without loosing to much skin. We have the older, larger NL 8kw so you may be able to the same.

If that exhaust hose is anything but straight try to save the old one and not tear it up if it can be used again. I went through an ordeal with my 135 Lehman when I cut the hose and had to "retrain" another piece of that stiff reinforced hose for a reconnect.

Glen

Larry M's way of doing it was almost exactly what I had to do to get to that last bolt. Remove everything in the way.
dan

We got the SS one, not that bad, I think we also got the shut off overheat switch as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom