NL Oil Filter Substitute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datenight

Guru
Vessel Name
Datenight
Vessel Make
North Pacific 45
Bought a new fuel and oil filter for my 5kw Northern Lights generator this morning. Drove from the shop to the boat. Started the genset to warm it up before the change. Turned on the A/C and water heater to give it a good load. While it warmed up I bailed the dinghy and got the filters from the truck. Also chatted with a friend on the hard.

Once back on board I shut down the genny and prepared to drain the oil. Of course now I can't find the filters. Spent the better part of an hour searching the boat, truck and retracing my steps. Friend on the hard swears I had the filters in my hand while speaking to him. Early onset at 59 and a half?

Friend had filters from a previous generator, NL 24-02001. A Google search indicates my 24-08001 is a decendant of the 24-02001. The 02 is shorter and fatter but the rubber gaskets match up. I put it in but will replace it if that is the consensus.

Going for a CAT scan tomorrow……

Rob

Napa and Carquest have Wix equivalents. If you need the number I can look them up.

Thanks Ski. I have used NAPA Gold in the past. Just wondering if the NL 24-02001 could substitute for the 08001.

Rob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom