The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Excalibur

Am presently looking a a 2000 42 Ricker Trawler. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge?
Has single Mercedes just over 2000 hours

Welcome aboard. Don't know that boat but I would be very careful about the engine. The Mercedes MTU is not a well known engine in the US. Bigger ones made by MTU yes, but this one I suspect was a Mercedes block marinized by MTU. Support will be problematic.

I notice that the other 2000 Ricker 42 with a Cummins 6BTA lists for $30,000 more on yachtworld. That tells me that the Georgia boat is probably discounted heavily due to the engine.

Also singles are a little unusual in a 42' trawler. GB made very few single 42s.

None of which would put me off. The $30,000 difference is just about enough to repower with a remanned Cummins if necessary. And with a bow thruster, twins are not really necessary.

David

We had a neighbor with one and I have to say at times I was jealous a very low maintenance boat (no wood) his had a cummins and he was always on the move. Last I checked he was in Panama or Costa Rica

BTW welcome to the Forum!!!

I was interested in the Ricker also but don't want to deal with the Mercedes MTU engine. Understand MTU is now part of Rolls Royce.

Excalibur

Thanks for the feed back on the 42 Ricker with the Mercedes engine.

Am looking for a 38-40 with two staterooms/heads with single engine.

I have located a 40 Mainship in Corpus Christi,. Has everything I'm looking for except it has only one head

Mercedes is big on truck engines in many areas.

I would find out the model number of the engine and call the nearby city MB truck dealer to find out how common or uncommon the engine actually is..

If its serviced , parts should be no problem, just ask.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom