Morse Controls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Savalla

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Pelican
Vessel Make
MMC
Hi, Have a new 1983 MMC 43' Trawler (De Fever) Knock off. Need to replace the control levers on fly bridge. Extremely pitted and basically shot. Any suggestions. Can't seem to find just the levers. Thanks.

Check used equipment shops.

Home . The Boaters' Resale Shop of Texas

Minney's Yacht Surplus - Home

Marine Thrift | Northwest Maritime Center

All Things Marine Thrift Store | The Maritime Museum of British Columbia

For a start.

And our own Trawler Forum list, a STICKY, in the Classifieds section.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s9/consignment-used-boat-equipment-store-list-5227.html

I suggest you start contacting some of them. Have a photo or two in enough detail that it will show clearly which one you are asking about. Morse made quite a few models over the years.

Mike: A big thanks. I have also been looking for a replacement set for our fly bridge. Defender has them, in stainless and the price is cheaper than I can get the set we have now replated. :dance:

Ongaro Engine Control Arm - Replacement

Yes, I've used these to replace all 8 of my originals. The issue can be getting the old zinc ones off!

Yes, I've used these to replace all 8 of my originals. The issue can be getting the old zinc ones off!

Larry,

Hodges has the Ongaro handles too at a great price. I bought 8 a couple of months ago, very nice handles. They are a little tight on the Morse shafts, and required some light 'encouragement' to get fully seated, but nothing major.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Ongaro-Standard-Control-Arm-316-Cast-Ss-No-K-p/ong50010.htm

:thumb:

Thanks guys. I don’t know how it missed those. I just ordered a set for the fly bridge. :thumb:

Thanks everyone. The new handles are installed and look great. The old ones came off easily. I did use a small rubber mallet to seat the new ones on the spline. The quality and fitting is excellent. Less than $100 including shipping for both. :dance:

Attachments

• 8AEB447D-6821-4792-B3D5-B8796278444C.jpg
    8AEB447D-6821-4792-B3D5-B8796278444C.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom