I'm not a mechanic. Far from it. But I can do basic maintenance tasks, and I enjoy DIY boat projects.
I'm trying to come up with a diesel engine normal spring maintenance checklist. If I have a checklist then my competitive nature kicks in and I need to get it all done.
In case it matters, my engine is a single 185HP Perkins (M200TI).
Below is my start, but please add to the list.
- Change Oil
- Change Oil Filters
- Change Primary Fuel Filters
- Change Secondary Fuel Filter
- Change Raw water impeller
- Change zincs
- Check and clean raw water strainer
- Check coolant level and add as necessary
- Check belt tension
- Check general condition
- Bleed lines
- Turn engine over, and monitor
- Record Maintenance Log