Looking for a marine mechanic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grahamdouglass

Vessel Name
Summer Wind 1
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 41
My boat is located in Vancouver, B.C, need to have my injectors tested and cleaned on my 1979 Ford Lehman 120. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Just saw that I asked this same question in 2019. Had my motor mounts done but the shop that did them closed. Didn't get much of a response last time I asked.

Last edited:
Graham,

It may be easier to do this your self. It is not that hard. First clean the engine. You can use one of the engine spray cleaners and rinse with fresh water. Pay special attention to the areas around the injectors and the injector pump. Let it dry well, then remove all of the injector pipes from the pump and the injectors. Cover the ports on the pump with something to keep any junk from getting in. You can use the fingers cut from rubber gloves or painters tape or just a clean rag. Then remove each injector, again covering the hole to keep junk out. Take the injectors to a local truck engine rebuild shop for a complete rebuild and tuning. Do them all at the same time. Then put everything back together using new copper crush washers.

Go ahead, you can do it.

Cheers.

I am sure there is someone in Vancouver, but if you can't find them, it is pretty easy to take them out, and reinstall them yourself. Seattle injector has reasonable prices to test and rebuild old injectors. I imagine you could just mail them down.

Doing the install yourself is great practice for a situation where you accidentally get air in your fuel system and have to bleed it out to get the engine running again. Much better to learn to do it at the dock, than in a hot engine room in a rough seaway while your wife is having a panic attack.

I have had only one encounter with a North Vancouver mechanic when he did the Mechanical survey. He is too far from my home base. I was impressed and gladly recommend him to you. Joe Torres (604)312-6921 jstorres@telus.net

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom