Link 2000-R / Keep or get rid of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bay Pelican

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Bay Pelican
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
Bay Pelican is equipped with a Link 2000-R which dates back to the last century. The modified sine wave inverter to which it was linked is long since gone. The shunt which measures input and output is now no longer accurate as too many items bypass this shut.

Currently the Link-2000-R is used solely to regulate the main engine's alternator and to serve as another voltage meter.

Question is whether I should get rid of the Link 2000-R and replace its voltage regulation function with another voltage regulator, or just keep the Link 2000-R as it appears to function well?

Any thoughts?

Everything on Old School is from the last century, excepting the laptop and impellers, so I just run things till they break.

I've got a Link 2000 and it works well with the Zantrex Freedom 3000 charger/inverter in the boat, but my Fridge has stopped recognizing the near-sine wave signal when running off the inverter, and I might trash the whole setup. Before we go cruising next year, the plan was to update the alternator to something over 120 amp and use a smart regulator. If the Fridge starts working on the inverter again, I might keep it till it fails. I can still run the Fridge on propane or shore power.

We have a 1980's Heart Freedom 10 with a link 2k. Both still going strong, and no problems pushing both of our AC only refrigerators. I have abused that inverter to death, had it smoking once and it still keeps ticking. The oldies were goodies..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom