Old 08-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #41
Scraping Paint

City: -
RE: Lehman Starting Issues

Quote:
AllanY wrote:

Marian

You are starting to sound like a broken record.

First of all, it's "MARIN" not Marian.* Marin like Marin County, California which is where I am from originally.

Second, I sound like a broken record because you guys keep asking me the same stupid question over and over, which is why don't I like Lehmans.* So I tell you.* Then someone asks me the same damn thing again.

I'm not going to change my mind.* Old crap is old crap.* Our helicopter pilot at the television station I worked at until I moved here was forced to fly a really crummy little helicopter for traffic reporting.* It fell out the sky with considerable regularity but fortunately never hurt anyone in the process.* When I asked him if there was any way to make the thing more reliable, he said "You can only polish a turd so much."

That's the Lehman in my opinion.

Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #42
Guru

Vessel Name: Anastasia III
Vessel Model: Krogen 42

Quit calling my beloved Lehman bad names, bastard. Didn't your mother ever teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, shut the **** up?

Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #43
Scraping Paint

Lehman Starting Issues

Quote:
Keith wrote:

Quit calling my beloved Lehman bad names, bastard. Didn't your mother ever teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, shut the **** up?
Another dinosaur heard from.* The answer to your question is no.* That's a rule for pansy-as*ses.* My mom taught me to say what I thought.

-- Edited by Marin on Thursday 19th of August 2010 06:49:46 PM
Old 08-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #44
Guru

City: Sunset Beach, NC
Vessel Name: Polly P.
Vessel Model: Monk 36

Y'know what?* I'm going to defend Marin at this point...* The OP asked a question about starting a FL and Marin offered several helpful posts in response.* Until someone said why do you hate FL so much did he come back and say "by today's standards" they are crap, which is a true statement.

Problem is on this forum most people have very old diesels and so qualifying by today's standards is hardly applicable.

So I'll tell my friends from now on, "I'm going out this weekend on my old boat which is powered by old and sturdy diesels, which by the way are crap by today's standards, but do still function and would be very expensive to replace.* I can get parts easily and do some of the mechanical work on them myself, but don't forget they are still crap by today's standards."

Sorry, I just can't help making fun...* Maybe a more positive spin might make people happier...
Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #45
Scraping Paint

Quote:
Egregious wrote:
So I'll tell my friends from now on, "I'm going out this weekend on my old boat which is powered by old and sturdy diesels, which by the way are crap by today's standards, but do still function and would be very expensive to replace.* I can get parts easily and do some of the mechanical work on them myself, but don't forget they are still crap by today's standards."
Now that's the first sensible statement I've seen from anybody on this forum on this subject.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #46
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: "Sandpiper"
Vessel Model: 2006 42' Ocean Alexander Sedan

Quote:
Marin wrote:First of all, it's "MARIN" not Marian.
I was wondering how long it would take you to correct that!

Codger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:57 AM   #47
Guru

marin, I couldn't care less if you call YOUR engines pieces of ****, crap, old, outdated, that you hate them, etc. For those of us who love our Lehmans, you're just insulting us every time you post that OUR engines suck.

Oh yea, and your mother wears Army boots.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #48

City: Rochester, NY
Vessel Model: Albin 43 Trawler

this is retarded...

marin, did you ever think maybe people dont give a **** what you think about the lehman engines? so much drama
albin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #49
Scraping Paint

Lehman Starting Issues

Quote:
Keith wrote:For those of us who love our Lehmans, you're just insulting us every time you post that OUR engines suck.
Oh look, there goes the point.* You think I give a rat's a*s what you think of your engine?* I'm only interested in what I think of your engine.* If you're so insecure in your own opinion to be insulted by mine, let's see--- you're fond of ancient stupid sayings like "Your mother wears Army boots (what are you, 85 or something?* No wonder you like Lehmans), so how about this one....

Grow a pair.

-- Edited by Marin on Friday 20th of August 2010 09:59:38 PM
Old 08-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #50
Scraping Paint

Lehman Starting Issues

Quote:
albin43 wrote:marin, did you ever think maybe people dont give a **** what you think about the lehman engines? so much drama
I don't expect anyone to care what I think about the Lehman.* I certainly don't care what you think of them.* I posted my opinion of them in the course of a rational discussion months ago.* Hell, maybe even last year.* Ever since then you lot have been whining and bitching that I don't like them and keep asking me why.* So I tell you ...* again.... and all the whining and bitching starts up again.

You know what I think about them now, right?* So shut the hell up about it and so will I.

This forum is like high school, sometimes.

-- Edited by Marin on Friday 20th of August 2010 10:03:12 PM
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #51
Guru

City: Sunset Beach, NC
Vessel Name: Polly P.
Vessel Model: Monk 36

Marin, you're on the other coast so we may never meet.* But I'd buy you a beer or whatever you like to drink if I ever met you.* You are a giant A-hole but I think I'd get along great with you.* It would be entertaining and I would probably learn something.

That said, in your avatar, your laundry is hanging out.** Are you expecting someone to bump into your boat?
Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #52
Scraping Paint

Lehman Starting Issues

Quote:
Egregious wrote:

You are a giant A-hole but I think I'd get along great with you.* It would be entertaining and I would probably learn something.

That said, in your avatar, your laundry is hanging out.** Are you expecting someone to bump into your boat?

A-hole---- well, I'll accept that.* You don't get things done by sitting nicely with your hands folded in your lap and spouting platitudes and PC-speak.

I doubt you would learn anything about boating that you don't already know.* Airplanes maybe.* Floatplanes definitely.* Probably not boating.

When I took the avatar photo we were set up for boating friends who were coming down to our property in the San Juans to join us.* Thus the fenders.* Same setup as the photo below but a starboard tie instead of port.

-- Edited by Marin on Friday 20th of August 2010 10:41:54 PM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prideaux 1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	2494  
Old 08-21-2010, 05:15 AM   #53
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Lehman Starting Issues

Marin, I don't think you're an a-hole, just someone with very firm and well-informed views who is no push-over in a debate, but that doesn't mean we won't continue to debate you. However I promise to not mention that engine ever again.
Now on this matter of hanging out the laundry.* I confess I do leave my fenders out.* We got sick of tripping over them on the side decks, and do not have room for fender holders, yet I like them to be handy to deploy, so I compromise by haulng them up so they protect the gunwhale edge from any vessel coming to raft up etc, (or swinging into us in the night in a tight anchorage), and they don't drag anywhere near the water, or swing about.* I think set up this way, they make the boat look purposful, but not too ugly, but others may differ.
PS. They have nice woolley socks on to protect from rubbing (no black marks) and match the canopies etc, so....I dunno....I think they look ok.* See Avatar.

-- Edited by Peter B on Saturday 21st of August 2010 05:18:33 AM
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #54
JD
Guru

City: New Bern NC
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t

Quote:
Peter B wrote:

* I think set up this way, they make the boat look purposful, but not too ugly, but others may differ.

-- Edited by Peter B on Saturday 21st of August 2010 05:18:33 AM
So do the tires on a tug.*
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #55

City: BURNHAM ON CROUCH ESSEX
Vessel Name: Sovereign GB
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 32

My 2 115 hp start with no trouble summer and winter ,sounds like air in the system.A little bleeding will soon sort the engines Good Luck
castellah22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #56
Guru

Quote:
Marin wrote:

Keith wrote:For those of us who love our Lehmans, you're just insulting us every time you post that OUR engines suck.
Oh look, there goes the point.* You think I give a rat's a*s what you think of your engine?* I'm only interested in what I think of your engine.* If you're so insecure in your own opinion to be insulted by mine, let's see--- you're fond of ancient stupid sayings like "Your mother wears Army boots (what are you, 85 or something?* No wonder you like Lehmans), so how about this one....

Grow a pair.

-- Edited by Marin on Friday 20th of August 2010 09:59:38 PM
I was actually trying to put a little humor in there, but since you're so focused on trying to slam me, you didn't get it. I thought it was better than saying your mother was a whore and you never knew your father.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #57
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan

After sitting unused for 2 weeks my FL120 started instantly yesterday.

Just had to get that in there!*
BaltimoreLurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #58
Guru

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44

thanks BL

"After sitting unused for 2 weeks my [insert name, anatomical description, etc] started instantly yesterday."
koliver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #59
Scraping Paint

Lehman Starting Issues

Quote:
Peter B wrote:

Now on this matter of hanging out the laundry.* I confess I do leave my fenders out.**
For runs of three or four hours out into the islands and then home again on a weekend we don't bother to unfasten and stow the fenders.* We just pull them in over the bulwark and lay them on the side decks which on a GB are wide enough to accomodate them and still not block access down the deck.* For longer trips my wife made three fender stow bags.* They are made out of some sort of course-weave cloth that breathes and they have an upper flap that goes around the handrail and then Velcros back together.* Each bag holds two fenders.* They're nice because when not in use they can be folded up and stowed.

Our two "big Bertha" fenders are simply stowed and tied on the aft deck.* In this neck of the woods a good idea I learned from Carey is to have at least one really big fender.* It's great for rafting where boat wakes might be an issue or for using between the boat and the dock for powering the stern out against a strong on-dock wind or current, etc.

We also don't bother removing and stowing our mooring lines.* We simply coil our breast and spring lines and loop and lock them over the handrail by their deck cleats.* We do this on both sides of the boat.* So they are always ready to deploy.* By some people's standards it might look a little sloppy (but the loops of line are neatly made--- usually), but we're far more interested in functionality than we are in appearance.

-- Edited by Marin on Tuesday 24th of August 2010 10:08:41 AM
Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #60

Lehman Starting Issues

<q>For longer trips my wife made three fender stow bags.* They are made out of some sort of course-weave cloth that breathes and they have an upper flap that goes around the handrail and then Velcros back together.* Each bag holds two fenders.* They're nice because when not in use they can be folded up and stowed.

I like that idea.</q>

-- Edited by albin man on Tuesday 24th of August 2010 10:51:50 AM

albin man is offline   Reply With Quote