Lehman sp135's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dennyg

I am looking at a DeFever 48 tri-cabin with twin SP135 Lehmans. Any feedback on these engines, such as longevity, fuel burn, reliability, etc.

Lehman 135s will easily go 10,000 hours if they have been properly maintained. One of the best older engines.

We have 2 in our boat - old school engines, no electronics, no turbo just fire up and go every time. Simple to work on (Ford tractor engine) and parts are readily available. Our two give a combined consumption of about 16litres per hour at 1700rpm - 7.6kts.

Like any engine, they need regular servicing ie oil and coolant but nothing an owner with basic mechanics can`t handle.

love em

I am looking at a DeFever 48 tri-cabin with twin SP135 Lehmans. Any feedback on these engines, such as longevity, fuel burn, reliability, etc.
They get a gold star in all 3 categories. I recall a DF 48/9 owner saying on TF they are well suited to the boat. No turbos or electrics to mess with,and parts readily available from American Diesel.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the chrome tappet cover makes them run smoother and quieter:)

I have 2 135's currently at 5000hrs. Very easy to work on, simple maintenance, parts easy enough to get and reliable.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom