Old 04-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #1
Guru

City: Biloxi Mississippi
Vessel Name: Patricia Louise II
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck
Lehman parts

Has anyone used Bomac Marine for Lehman parts? How was the quality/price/service??

Forkliftt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: JAX, FL
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
RE: Lehman parts

I have for some parts.* Bomac answered their emails.* I recently met someone who just rebuilt their FL120 in Mexico.* They used Bomac*and*American Diesel for parts.* He had no complaints from either vendor.

Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #3

City: Wilmington, N.C.
Vessel Name: Donnchaidh
Vessel Model: Marine Trader 40' sedan

* When I went through my lehman Bomac quoted prices considerably higher than American Diesel.
awpptdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
Guru

City: Biloxi Mississippi
Vessel Name: Patricia Louise II
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck

Quote:
awpptdt wrote:

* When I went through my lehman Bomac quoted prices considerably higher than American Diesel.

Good info.
Forkliftt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #5

City: Cape Coral FL
Vessel Name: Say GoodBye
Vessel Model: 21 Mako

In all honesty, I have found American Diesel to be an excellent supplier for several reasons.

First, their prices are very competitive, and sometimes down right CHEAP. I bought my Balmar 110amp alternator and ARS-5 regulator from them at a price that was $200 cheaper than with Defender.com

Second, what value can you apply to the FREE consultation you get from ADC regarding your engine problems? Do you know any mechanic who you can use to troubleshoot your engine FREE of charge?

Third, is there anyone that knows the Lehman engines better than ADC ? Not to mention Perkins, etc.

Fourth, their parts shipments always go out the same day, no B.S. about it.

So I concluded long ago that there is significant TOTAL VALUE for me to give my parts business to ADC. After 4 years I can tell you I have not been cheated in this deal and have found it well worth it.

R.
ralphyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
Guru

Quote:
ralphyost wrote:
In all honesty, I have found American Diesel to be an excellent supplier for several reasons.

First, their prices are very competitive, and sometimes down right CHEAP. I bought my Balmar 110amp alternator and ARS-5 regulator from them at a price that was $200 cheaper than with Defender.com

Second, what value can you apply to the FREE consultation you get from ADC regarding your engine problems? Do you know any mechanic who you can use to troubleshoot your engine FREE of charge?

Third, is there anyone that knows the Lehman engines better than ADC ? Not to mention Perkins, etc.

Fourth, their parts shipments always go out the same day, no B.S. about it.

So I concluded long ago that there is significant TOTAL VALUE for me to give my parts business to ADC. After 4 years I can tell you I have not been cheated in this deal and have found it well worth it.

R.
*What he said!

jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
Guru

I believe bomac buys his parts from american diesel
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #8

But have you ever tried to get anything off their web page. No descriptions, part numbers, etc. Even their email doesn"t work with Firefox or Chrome.

Seems like a telephone call is the only way to contact them. Of course it will be a long distance call!!

Don't get me wrong I use them and are happy with their prices but they could be dragged into the 21st century and onto the web.

Cyril
cyril444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #9
Guru

Quote:
cyril444 wrote:
But have you ever tried to get anything off their web page. No descriptions, part numbers, etc. Seems like a telephone call is the only way to contact them. Of course it will be a long distance call!!

Don't get me wrong I use them and are happy with their prices but they could be dragged into the 21st century and onto the web.
*Yes that would be nice I agree. However I have a price list from them dated 2008 and the prices are the same today on almost everything. So they*are doing something right!

jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #10
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48

One year ago my Perkins Sabre* needed a stop solenoid. My boat fixer went to AD and they charged over $500 for the Bosch!!

Last week I decided I needed a spare solenoid and called TAD. They said Bosch is out of sight price wise and recommended a made in Germany "generic" -*$52!!

Same with Perkins water pump impellers, AD is double or triple TAD based upon*my recent orders. Ditto spare relays and*fuel and oil filters for Perkins. *

I am not one who sees AD walking on water regarding Perkins parts. And in my case they are were not quick to suggest ways to save $$.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #11
Guru

City: Cowichan Bay, BC
Vessel Name: Gray Hawk
Vessel Model: Defever 43 Offshore Cruiser

What Ralph said and more.* Twice now I've phoned American Diesel and they've talked me out of buying stuff from them.* Both times Brian answered the phone.* Personally I'll take a business where the principals answer the phone any day over a web page that gives me fancy graphics and instant prices.* Both times I called he has reviewed my troubleshooting and suggested additional steps before I start spending money and both times those additional steps have cost him money - a couple boat units in total so far.* I'm sure one of these times it will turn out different but I'll keep calling.* If he had a fancy webstore I'd have happily given him my credit card and hung some parts that I didn't really need.

YMMV.

bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote