Lehman Oil Pressure gage not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geoleo

My 1982 Marine Trader s Lehman 120 HP diesels engine oil pressure gages have stopped working. However the low pressure alarm buzzer still works. How can I find whats wrong without doing parts swapping? If it is the sender what part is it and where can I get it? Thanks!

When I bought my Marine Trader my oil pressure would go to zero. However the low pressure alarm would not go on. The gauges were Stewart Warner. After buying new Stewart Warner gauges and still having issues I switched to Faria at half the cost and every thing worked.

When I bought my Marine Trader my oil pressure would go to zero. However the low pressure alarm would not go on. The gauges were Stewart Warner. After buying new Stewart Warner gauges and still having issues I switched to Faria at half the cost and every thing worked.
Thanks! Considering switching to all new senders and gauges. Now wondering id I need a sender that has a separate warning contact post as some have or if the wiring at the panel makes the warning low pressure alarm happen?

Thanks! Considering switching to all new senders and gauges. Now wondering id I need a sender that has a separate warning contact post as some have or if the wiring at the panel makes the warning low pressure alarm happen?

To the best of my knowledge the low oil pressure alarm runs off a pressure "switch" and is completely separate from the oil pressure sending unit and gauge.

Ken

Mechanical gauges work with less error and without electric.

A bit longer to install, but many on 40year old boats are still working.

To the best of my knowledge the low oil pressure alarm runs off a pressure "switch" and is completely separate from the oil pressure sending unit and gauge.

Ken

Correct. The sending unit s for the gauge, and the switch is for the buzzer.

Back
Top Bottom