Hynautic steering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
I have a 1983 albin which is fitted with a Manual Hydraulic steering system. I have noticed today that the fluid level is down to the last 2 sight tubes and pressure is 15. how do I add fluid to the system and do I have to purge the system when doing so ... model is H-5606 I will followup with a pic thank you

Bleed the air off, remove cap and add fluid. Use the recommended fluid, then pump up the air pressure, I keep mine at 25 to 35 psi.

Where do you bleed it off and where to fill

There is a schrade valve on the top where you add air. Hold it down until no pressure remains. There is a cap you remove to fill it. The system shouldn’t need to be bled, with fluid in the lower sight glass no air entered the system.

There is a schrade valve on the top where you add air. Hold it down until no pressure remains. There is a cap you remove to fill it. The system shouldn’t need to be bled, with fluid in the lower sight glass no air entered the system.

Mine is not a Albin but I bleed mine in the same place but if I need to add fluid I do this from the Helms also mine is much higher pressure

If it’s loosing fluid, you first need to determine where the leak is.
The usual suspect is the ram, might be time for a rebuild there.
Probably a good time to drain and flush the system as well.

Back
Top Bottom