Honest assesment of Deere vs Lugger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marin wrote:markpierce wrote:
That works, but it is twice the work, and half the fun.
I didn't realize a mouse was such a labor-intensive, difficult device to use.* In any event I can speak only for myself, but I find the large photos in posts to be very annoying and space-wasting, particularly when they force me to scroll back and forth to read everyone else's posts on the page.* And no, I'm not looking at the web on a small monitor but on a large, stand-alone monitor.* But your photos still often force the page width out beyond the boundaries and scrolling back and forth becomes necessary to read the other posts on the page.* THAT is twice the work and half the fun.

*Again I will second Marin's comments here.

And in keeping with the topic title, I'd say that thumbnails allow one to peruse the pages with the swiftness of a Deere whilst the large images slow the pace to that of a Lugger.

Sorry.

Y'all are a bunch babies.* Its my thread
biggrin.gif

Pictures in any format are always welcome.* I have 50megabit FIOS to the house
smile.gif

This forum is*a great resource.* Because of our*available bandwidth the thumbnails are great.**The thumbnails*give me the option*to view them or not, no so with the full size pictures.****

The public wifi/internet in Panama restricts your downloads*to the point you can not view U-Tube.* Our other internet source limits us to 3.5 gigs per month.* That's my 2 cents.

-- Edited by Larry M on Tuesday 11th of October 2011 03:33:31 PM

Marin wrote:
Do a "Save As" on the photo on the other server, save it to your desktop, and load it to you TF post from there.
* * ** I think that's the best way to do it and I also take a "snapshot" of a screen that I've seen on the Web, crop it & send it to my desk top as a "save as." Here's an example of a photo that I took and posted to this thread 30 seconds ago.

Attachments

• photo on 2011-10-11 at 16.24.jpg
    photo on 2011-10-11 at 16.24.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom