Fuel Filter for 6kw NW Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvweebles

Guru
Vessel Name
Weebles
Vessel Make
1970 Willard 36 Trawler
Installing a new Northern Lights 6KW generator (about 0.5 gph at full load). I am space-constrained, any recommendations for a compact filter housing/element? My main engine is a single Perkins 4.236 running dual racor 500's, so a single 500 would seem a natural, but wondering if there is something more compact?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Peter

Installing a new Northern Lights 6KW generator (about 0.5 gph at full load). I am space-constrained, any recommendations for a compact filter housing/element? My main engine is a single Perkins 4.236 running dual racor 500's, so a single 500 would seem a natural, but wondering if there is something more compact?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Peter

Yes and yes. Racor 200 series

Thanks Tiltrider! Exactly what I needed!

PS - nice boat!

I'd go with a single 500 if you have room for it. Not that you need the capacity (certainly way bigger than needed), but then you only need to stock one type of element in your on-board spares. The 500 is easier to service than the smaller ones, and elements are cheaper too. I use a 500 for my old NL 5kw, no complaints.

I'd go with a single 500 if you have room for it. Not that you need the capacity (certainly way bigger than needed), but then you only need to stock one type of element in your on-board spares. The 500 is easier to service than the smaller ones, and elements are cheaper too. I use a 500 for my old NL 5kw, no complaints.

I have one of the spin on Racor filters as primary for my NL 6kw genset. It works just fine, but it is a much bigger hassle to change than a Racor 500. I’ve considered switching it out just for that reason.

Personally, the Racor 1000 & 500 series are the easiest for filter changes, just unscrew the T handle, remove the lid, pull the old filter out, slowly push the new filter in, the replace the lid and T handle. No mess, no fuss. The spin on series always seems to make a bit of a mess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom