Old 06-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #101
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Not with that small keel and deep V bottom. It goes 25 knots because it has some 900 horsepower.
My boat has a 16 degree bottom to the transom and 1000hp. No keel. I don't think the "abreviated" keel on the new GB Heritage hull would make it semi planing. At 25 knots the water would clearly be breaking away from the transom. To me that is definitely planing. When Eric comes back, it will be interesting to get his take on it.

That GB Heritage is surely a nice boat no matter what type hull it has.

http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #102

City: Southampton
Vessel Name: ANDROMEDA
Vessel Model: MAINSHIP 400
That is an easy one. Life is a compromise.
All you got to do is list all the things that you like to do that involved some sort of expense you should include the boat on you list re arrange you list with the boat at the top of the list . Now here is the hard part select one item from the list that you know that you can do with out , and dump it , now you will have the money for your boat. At least thai is what i do, also i have found out that we guys have way to many toys, i canseem to keep up with all of mine.
Ps Don't sell your wife's car unless you buy her some roller skates and a cabin for your self in Alaska.

SOMERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #103

City: Southampton
Vessel Name: ANDROMEDA
Vessel Model: MAINSHIP 400
[QUOTE=SOMERS;90995]
That is an easy one.

Life is a compromise in more ways than one.

All you got to do is list all the things that you like to do that involve some sort of expense you should include the boat on you list , re arrange you list with the boat at the top of the list .

Now here is the hard part select one item from the list that you know that you can do without , and dump it , now you will have the money for your boat. At least thai is what I do, also i have found out that we guys have way to many toys, I can't seem to keep up with all of mine.

Ps.
Don't sell your wife's car unless you buy her some roller skates and a cabin for your self in Alaska...

SOMERS is offline   Reply With Quote