Ford Lehman 120 Intake Silencer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rduval

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Bonaventure
Vessel Make
Cheer Men PT41 Europa
Anybody changed, fabricated, bought, etc. any sort on way to quiet down the intake on an FL 120?

Mine are just the standard drum cage with foam on it and I'm hoping to find a way to quiet them (I have 2) down.

We have two FL20s on our boat under the floor with the stock intake cages and foam "filters," and while there is a lot of mechanical noise I'm sure not aware of any intake noise. I wouldnt' think an FL120 can suck in enough air to make any noise. :)

I've been down between them when they've been hammering away at full song (with ear protection) and have never noticed any hiss or roar at the air intakes.

Not saying they can't do this, just that I'm surprised they would.

We have two FL20s on our boat under the floor with the stock intake cages and foam "filters," and while there is a lot of mechanical noise I'm sure not aware of any intake noise. I wouldnt' think an FL120 can suck in enough air to make any noise. :)

I've been down between them when they've been hammering away at full song (with ear protection) and have never noticed any hiss or roar at the air intakes.

Not saying they can't do this, just that I'm surprised they would.

I think the noise would be more of a pulsing a 6 x RPM (about 9300hz at 1550 RPM cruise) as each intake valve opens and the engine draws in for the next power stroke.

If you've ever "hot rodded" your old car as a kid by removing the "air filter" assembly you know how the noise level increases (and makes the old clunker feel faster...LOL)

Back
Top Bottom