Go Back   Trawler Forum > Maintenance and Systems > Power Systems

Old 05-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #41
Veteran Member
City: Panama
Vessel Name: Mar Azul
Vessel Model: DeFever 44
Originally Posted by dwhatty View Post
My master head ceiling light is also the access to galley sink drain and plumbing. Maybe his is too?

Ebaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #42
City: Seattle
Since the yard owner said they blasted your through hulls I am wondering if you have any crap blown up your engine water/AC/watermaker intakes? If so, how much of an issue might that be?

THD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #43
City: South Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Originally Posted by Nimble1
Did they use a pressure cleaner to clean the bottom?

Then they shoved the pressure washer's wand into sink drain scuppers... well above boot strap??
That's my guess. They shoved the wand into the sink drains before pulling the trigger and that's why there is no damage to the exterior gel coat above the waterline.

I'm guessing the yard had a rookie on the sand blasting pressure washer.

My forensic evidence is the splatter pattern associated with the high shelf. Above the shelf there is very little deposit. The shelf seems to be blocking an upward stream of spray.
Budds Outlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #44
City: Southern Maine
Vessel Name: Cygnus
Vessel Model: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
Hey Capt Tom! Thanks for the heads up. Where did you find that package deal price??
The GPSMap 740s and Radome came in yesterday (I forgot this West Marine always gets deliveries on Tuesday, not Friday like I'd hoped.)

Today I called Garmin and after pressing a few menu options the phone was answered on the first ring by a native English speaker. After consulting with someone else, he confirmed that I can run a regular Cat 5 cable with RJ45 plugs from a connector on the flybridge down to the lower helm so I can plug the unit in at either location. Only thing I'll have to buy is another power connector.

In case you're wondering, no, it's not "regular" Ethernet from the radome to the MFD, so I can't network it with other devices. Still, using off-the-shelf cables and plugs is sooooo much better than the old radomes that used a 3/4" cable bundle with 10 different sizes and types of wires in it. I had to splice one of those once, what a pain!

CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote