Engine overheating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PALEASE!! I'm not the only guy here aware of RickB's out of line responses.

I must have missed them while pouting ... if you don't mind, tell me which responses are "out of line" please.

I must have missed them while pouting ... if you don't mind, tell me which responses are "out of line" please.
Rick, I don't want to start another endless thread about "prove this" and "that's not what I meant". I have been in the same position as BH in the past with you a couple of times and I know well how you present yourself. If there are others on the forum who don't mind your opinion- as though they possibly are gaining information not readily available from Google, then by all means present it as you want. But as I have told you before, I am not interested in your opinion unless you are certain I am about to hurt myself or others. I don't need access to information you might provide enough that I am willing to tolerated the rudeness. Having said that, carry on. :thumb:

Let's stop this nonsense. I think both of you guys need a break.

Rick, I think if you thought about it, you could find where you appeared to be a little over the top with your tone/comments.

BH, the simple solution to replies that you don't like, is to ignore them and focus on the replies that interest you. Instead, you're throwing an endless amount of fuel around.

With that said, Engine problems can be a frustrating time. I am glad you found the real issue with your heat exchanger. Hopefully that will completely solve this for you.

Cheers.

So, what you are saying is that you can't really find anything "rude" but you just don't like it anyway so you feel perfectly free to slam me for something you cannot even point to. You call me "rude" but your personal attack is OK? That is truly bizarre.

I mean what I write, you will be very hard pressed to find an example of me saying "that's not what I meant." Yes, I will defend my position against baseless personal attacks by those who cannot even support that attack with an example of what they claim is so "rude" or offensive.

If you can't support your accusation, then why make it? Or is it rude of me to ask?For someone who feels it is perfectly proper to make the kind of statements you made in your 1:21 post, you seem to hold my posts to a much different standard than your own. I call that hypocrisy and suggest you either "put up or shut up."

If you are not interested in my opinion, don't read my posts. See how easy and painless that is?

Last edited:
"I think if you thought about it, you could find where you appeared to be a little over the top with your tone/comments."

"Over the top"of what? Come on, tell me what was over the top. If you bring your personal sensitivities into this then you have an obligation to say what it is that you find offensive. Just throwing out undefined, fuzzy, little hand grenades to make yourself feel better is hardly an adult behaviour.

Rick,
Your approach to sharing your opinions in this circle goes back to the days when a big part of the croud was on Passagemaker Forum. That's years ago before TF started. You joined the site and immediately tried to knock Fast Fred down on everthing he posted. I mean everything. If Fred said Red, he was an idiot endangering the whole marina and it HAD to be blue. Totally unnecessary. And it hasn't improved.

Rick,
You set the tone with your first reply on the thread. You keep alluding that I am not telling everything regarding my over temp and that my friend is called "impugning ". Look it up. You also insist on playing volley ball with my replies to your questions. Also boorish behavior.
I simply was asking for a helpful reply and received that from the others and it took one reply.
Yet you blather on and on facts and choose to argue with me to prove some hidden point.
As I said before and I say again , I'm done trying to explain anything to you. In the military, we have a saying, you're either part of the solution or part of the problem. You haven't offered much in way of solution.
You are a poor ambassador to the forum

Forklift, I appreciate your observation of the facts.

I will lurk instead of intent to contribute because I really don't have time for the drama.

Rick,
Your approach to sharing your opinions in this circle goes back to the days when a big part of the croud was on Passagemaker Forum.

Ah, so, let's see if I have this straight ... you have been nursing a grudge for longer than TF has existed and it has finally prompted you to post a string of personal attacks on me based on some deeply buried emotional issue that you can't support with anything more than your personal discomfort.

Why is OK to make the accusations that Gonzo removed but beyond the pale to ask for details about an engine problem? Why is it rude to enquire what the temperature switch settings are?

If you care to get back on topic, do you have a Perkins propulsion engine with automatic shutdown that holds 8 gallons of coolant? Do you think it is wise to start a trial run with coolant streaming out the exhaust? Is there anyone here that does? If so, what does the manual say about the settings?

Impugning? No, it is more a case of pointing out that leaving the dock with an engine pumping coolant over the side then finding it overheated enough to shut down is just a simple observation of someone doing a really really foolish act that likely caused more damage than is immediately obvious.

Your unwillingness to provide any details about the event or the engine configuration begs quite a few other questions. Good for you getting the answer you hoped to get, but seriously consider asking yourself those same questions.

Alright, you guys have had your fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom