Electric Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How wrong you are. The best thing to do with the billions of humans is to pack them tightly in cities. Toward the city you provide fuel, electricity, food, merchandise, and money. Out from the city you get smoke, garbage, pee and poop.

Meanwhile, with all the humans packed in the cities, the rural areas can revert to more natural conditions. Trees and grasslands thrive where there used to be humans. Farms exist and thrive where needed to support the cities. Since cities do not want industry anymore, those locate out to the hinterlands, but that is ok too.

Last thing you want to do is spread the humans all over the place. They do much less damage if you keep them packed in tight in a small area.

Decades ago I did quick calc for # of humans alive then... probably a billion or two less than now.

Anyway, I figured if we all stood shoulder to shoulder and belly to butt with nose touching back of head that all civilization could fit on the state of Massachusetts - with plenty room to spare! :dance:

"generate enough cumulative effect to trigger an ice age, and then off we go!"

According to history we are in an interglacine period , in other words between the ice ages.

The next ice age will come , in time , regardless of weather we dump ethanol in our fuel or not.

Far better to plan for a mile or two of ice on NYC , than try to stop the inevitable.

Last edited:
"generate enough cumulative effect to trigger an ice age, and then off we go!"

According to history we are in an interglacine period , in other words between the ice ages.

The next ice age will come , in time , regardless of weather we dump ethanol in our fuel or not.

Far better to plan for a mile or two of ice on NYC , than try to stop the inevitable.

Yup. Something triggers ice ages and something triggers warming cycles, and we don't really know which triggers which.

From the extensive research I've done on this topic ( :rolleyes: ) we are now at the average warming cycle peak and nowhere near as warm as it was 90 million years ago when there were Asian land turtles in the Arctic.

We're busy chucking pebbles in the pond with no idea what the ripples are going to do, and Nature (Gaia) will average things out in the end. That was my point about us warming things up could ironically start a mini or full blown ice age. Who knows?

The lesser talked about problem of our meddling is that the ocean absorbs 1/4 of the carbon dioxide we produce, causing ocean acidification. Bad news for shellfish, corals, or many plankton species and all which depend on them...which is about 1 billion people...

Last edited:
"The lesser talked about problem of our meddling is that the ocean absorbs 1/4 of the carbon dioxide we produce, causing ocean acidification"

Iron mine tailings crushed can cause a food bloom that feeds , as well as sequesters Co2 when the life dies and sinks.

Just takes someone interested enough to PAY for it.

Works for me. The problem with it is that I never notice if someone has sent me a thanks. Maybe I don't have the settings in my profile configured properly to be notified? I am sure that folks think I am just ignoring their gracious thank you's.

Dave

From full website - Quick Links - User Control Panel - Edit Options

One of the choices is...

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages

Would you like to receive a PM whenever someone thanks you for your contribution?
Receive a PM Notification When a Post of Yours is Thanked

1. "- Picture Planet Earth as a living body that spent billions of years systematically/very-slowly "sequestering" [putting deep underground] the trillions of tons carbon from the death of its carbon-filled surface-living things. That is what formed the oil wells, coal mines, natural gas deposits... etc."

That's one THEORY, there are others,

1. Scientists Prove Abiotic Oil Is Real! - viewzone.com

viewzone.com/abioticoilx.html

Abiotic Oil. The abiotic oil formation theory suggests that crude oil is the result of naturally occurring and possibly ongoing geological processes.

Totally AGREE, oil is made deep in the earth, mostly abiotic. They find oil deeper than fossils ever get. Something about iron catalysts, calcium carbonates, pressure, steam, heat can create hydrocarbon gasses which migrate upwards and condense into liquid fuel oceans. And that also explains why old wells refill. Basically oil is made from steam and rock and pressure and fantastic high temperatures deep in the mantle.

And then this

Last edited:
I would love a thorium molten salt reactor in the engine room and electric pod drives. That way, you have endless power, plenty of heat for fresh water, and propulsion power.

I doubt I will live to see it though.

Stu

Now here is an interesting report from the Washington Post.

All you climate deniers take particular note!

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some
places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report
to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate, at Bergen, Norway
Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical
change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the
Arctic zone.
Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far
north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.
Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very
warm.
Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones,
the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely
disappeared.
Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while
vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far
north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.
Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will
rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.
I must apologize.
I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as
reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post - 93 years ago
This must have been caused by the Model T Ford's emissions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom