Diesel Engine Performance Charts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I received this 4.236 performance curve chart from Perkins and thought others would find it interesting.* This would make a great place to post engine performance charts for reference and comparison.

img_5594_0_8ee357914a79c969af8da0083cbe7b34.jpg

Attachments

• perkinspowercurve.jpg
    perkinspowercurve.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 3,065
Interesting!!* Very similar performance curve to the 6.354 and they both spin up to 2800 RPM at WOT.* I guess they're basically a 6.354 minus two cylinders (both are about 59 CI per cylinder)* I don't have my engine manual here so I wonder how the stroke compares??* If someone else doesn't scan one in, I will try to bring mine home.

Larry B

With the prop suggested by the mfg , you need to spin 2200rpm to get 40 hp while the engine is capable of 70 hp at that rpm.

The same 40 hp is available better engine loading/life ,with less fuel flow at 1400 or 1600 rpm .

The reasoning behind the "cruising Prop.

here is one for my 3208's

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 725
Hi ,

Could you send me the performance chart as an attachment?

I can not seem to get a clear copy off the forum page.

Thanks,

George Creek

gcreek@shaw.ca

I have the same engines (3208T - 260 hp) in my Jeff. Trying to figure out a few things - 1) fuel consumption - looks like about 2gph at 1500? Trying to figure out how far I can go on tankage of 420. Also, I have an oil leak at the seal between the trans and engine block. It leaks about 1/2 quart in 80 hours of operation - appreciate all thoughts. I know what it takes to fix the leak(big job lots o $s - but the boat is worth it). seems like a small leak on a 20 quart engine, but want opinions.

Thanks,
Jeff4688

Jeff 4688, you may want to post your seal leaking issue on boatdiesel - peruse the archives there too. I believe what you'll find is a leaking seal can only get worse and once it "wipes" your leak will rise dramatically. The labor cost (high or higher) is associated with gaining access.

"seems like a small leak on a 20 quart engine, but want opinions.

FORGETABOUTIT!

A pamper or absorbant pad will catch the oil, so the bilge pump will not leave a "Shene" on the water , and the USCG Swat Team will not helicopter to your deck.

FF

Puppy training pads are our weapon of choice in the Perkins leak war.

WOD6-TI, 250 HP Hino Chart

Here is the performance chart for my 4588.

Attachments

• w06d-ti_graph.jpg
    w06d-ti_graph.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,760
Be sure to operate with the restrictions of "pleasure boat' or "Light duty commercial" when sizing the drive and prop load.

THe true commercial 24/7/365 rating is a far better graph to use for a passagemaker .
The light duty rating comes with restrictions that must be followed.

IF there is NO 24/7 rating from the mfg , perhaps that is a hint?

FF

Back
Top Bottom