Diesel Engine Comparison Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nomadwilly wrote:
Art,

Since you run at 7 knots it would seem looking at 7 knot boats would meet your needs much better. Just say'in.
Howdy Eric

My 7 knt (0.58 knt below mathematical hull speed) cruise is for enjoyable, calm, quiet, easy, no rush slippen-through-da-water; which we do to attain 2.5 +/- nmpg fuel economy... and cause wifey likes it me too!... But! *I enjoy being able to do 16 + knts at 1 nmpg when I'm on a destination deadline and also be able to go even faster if needed to get my craft out of harms way.* Having spent my early decades in New England cruising the Atlantic and inland waters in*D, SD, and P hulls (23 to 65 all of them wood boats) I found that each hull design has plusses and minuses, and that I enjoy them all.* That said; Ive found that SD leaning to P hull design, or even full on P hulls (as long as they have the correct V entry and deadrise angle) are my favorites; due to their speed capabilities when required or desired.* And, although not quite as economical in below hull speed nmpg as full D hulls both the SD and P hulls are pretty darn economical when cruising below hull speed.* That wouldnt make me not own a great shaped D hull if I really liked the boat, however, it does make me lean toward looking at SD and P hulls.*

Each to their own!

Cheers! Art* **

Indeed but you enter the realm of the motorsailer world. The price must be payed to have one vessel that performs the duties of two. I'd like to go faster too. I'd like to go 12 or 14 knots but I have great distances to travel and limited funds. I threw out the 7 knot boat out as an idea *..not a directive. And I do'nt think anyone here should feel the need to justify the speed or type of boat they have as these are yachts or toys and after we can afford it the bottom line is WHAT WE WANT. And to experience the wants of others here on the forum is most always a joy. Please continue to share.

nomadwilly wrote:
indeed but you enter the realm of the motorsailer world. The price must be payed to have one vessel that performs the duties of two. I'd like to go faster too. I'd like to go 12 or 14 knots but i have great distances to travel and limited funds. I threw out the 7 knot boat out as an idea *..not a directive. And i do'nt think anyone here should feel the need to justify the speed or type of boat they have as these are yachts or toys and after we can afford it the bottom line is what we want. And to experience the wants of others here on the forum is most always a joy. Please continue to share.
*ditto

Back
Top Bottom