cross reference for Volvo TAMD40B engine filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddalme

Vessel Name
Relenti
Vessel Make
Atlantic 30, 1983
Anyone have a cross reference for oil and final fuel filters. Also, need a replacement raw water pump impeller. The pump is a Johnson brand but I can't find a number. I'm getting tired of paying Volvo's prices.:banghead:

I have that info on my boat but won't be down there until tomorrow, and back Friday. I have a TAMD40P model but all that stuff should be the same...
Oil and fuel filters are Generic numbers from NAPA and the impeller is a common Jabsco number as I recall..

Steve
Waiting with abated breath.:) I used the last of my spares and need to replace .

Steve
Waiting with abated breath.:) I used the last of my spares and need to replace .

DDalme...Here's the stuff! (at least for my 2002 "P" model which I believe was the last.)

Oil Filter: Napa Gold #1797 (this is the very large cannister model)

Fuel: Napa 3373 (or 3472 with water drain). I haven't confirmed this one, but My P.O. was VERY detailed and had this listed on the Spec Page he created for the boat. (I'm still using the stash of Volvo filters he left aboard)

Impeller: Jabsco Profile M, P/N 920-0003-P

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
My TMD40's : oil filter: NAPA #1596
fuel/water separator NAPA #3472
air filter: NAPA #6111
Crankcase filter: we're screwed with VOLVO #876069

Caution on the Raw Water Pump Impeller there are a couple of them. Evidently a deeper housing on some of the same model # engines. Don't ask how I know.

I have TAMD40B's

11 quarts oil with filter SAE 20/30 CD service CD does not exist any more so I use 0W40 Shell Rotella Diesel.

Filters:
Air WIX 46111 K&N 33-2538
breather WIX 46106
oil WIX51596 Baldwin B477

Raw water pump impeller is JABSCO 836-0003 (there are a couple different pumps so double check this)

glo-plugs Autolite FRA1103

Good Luck.

Thanks everyone-I guess I'll have to pull the impeller and measure it. Oh well-another thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom