Color your engine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's the color of your engine(s)

• red

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • white

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • blue

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • green

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • yellow

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • silver

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • rusty

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • oily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 8 9.4%

• Total voters
Okay so its a gasser! Crusader 454's, Go Blue!! I also use the Ford blue for touch ups! Jolly Time

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 71
Just finished painting the bilge. I guess I need to post some current pics! Notice what's missing on the starboard? Jolly Time

Question. To those that have painted their engines, did you use engine enamel or 2pak enamel. I Know this sounds like a silly no brainer question as most will say engine enamel, but my motor is almost finished getting rebuilt so want to paint her when she's finish and am torn about which way to go.

I've used engine enamel on engines before and it wasn't that great, especially out of those spray cans. I've also sprayed cars in 2 pak enamel and have all the guns etc for that and am confident using 2pak but yeah just thought I'd ask as I picked up my rebuilt heat exchangers and oil coolers the other day and they said they used 2pak so that made me think about doing the engine in it too.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Last edited:
Greetings,
I would suggest the 2-pak in a color that is available in rattle can (spray can) or one part brush. In the future if touch ups are necessary, you won't have to break out the compressor. Never painted and engine but just a thought.

Last edited:
Greetings,
I would suggest the 2-pak in a color that is available in rattle can (spray can) or one part brush. In the future if touch ups are necessary, you won't have to break out the compressor. Just a thought.

Yeah good thinking RTF. Since posting this question I made up my mind and decided to go 2pak. I'll do what you said and pick a readily available colour just incase tho :)

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Al-Yep, the shaft is out, sitting on the back deck waiting to be put together!!
Firefly- The batteries are actually further back next to the genny! That tray is just for storage.

Previous owner hit a submerged piling coming up this way near Carabelle several years back and bent the shaft! Never bothered repairing?
Thanks, Jolly Time

Ours are red - Ford Lehman 135s

Attachments

• engine (600x450).jpg
    engine (600x450).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 95
color your engine

I have a Perkins 6 354 It's blue like all the rest. Does anyone know where to get a chrome valve cover for this engine or will I have to get mine chromed ?

My DD 8.2's are an off white

Back
Top Bottom