Caterpillar service...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
If you guys want to see what customer support should be go to CatMarineSupport.com. I sure do wish I had Cats instead of Volvos.

Yep.
I couldn't have done the rebuild of my 3208 without them.

SD

They are a great company, service and parts all over the world, Ag. Marine, construction, etc
Steve W

Cat introduced 3208s in 1975 and still supports that product. Volvo could learn something from Cat about product support.

We have 4 cylinder D330 CAT engines in our Defever that are 41 years old this year.This past summer we were having some issues with one engine and needed fuel system parts. The longest I waited for any part was two days. I was amazed every thing was even still available!! In 2009, on the way back from Alaska, we needed parts while at Port McNeil on the north end of Vancouver Island. Once again we had every thing we needed in about two days. The people from NC Machine have been great.

I am moored just behind Russ's vessel in Friday Harbor for the night. We were chatting about his Cats that are now 40 years old. Those engines were used in all sorts of small loaders, forklifts and road maintenance equipment that is still in service today. So Cat wins by keeping the equipment folks and boating folks happy.

So Cat wins by keeping the equipment folks and boating folks happy.

Due to the volume produced and in use most any HD truck or industrial based engine source will be similar.

Its the light truck and farm implement engine marinizations that may not have enough volume to assure its parts aviliability over the decades.

Detroit , Cat , MacK no problem.... Hino,VW, BMW,Izussu ? Who knows?

The fault is not that Volvo refuses to support their older products; the fault is in Volvo owners who are too cheap to repower every time Volvo introduces a new engine!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom