BW Velvet Drive repair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firstbase

Guru
Vessel Name
Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42' Classic
Any suggestions on a someone around Jupiter/West Palm Beach/Stuart Florida to repair a BW Velvet Drive?

Thanks BP. Spoke with him and went through the issue. Pretty obvious I wil need to pull it to replace seal and take it to him. Now looking for someone in the area to pull it for me. Beyond my scope of ability.

Just found it ! ...

Source Marine Services LLC,
1508 Cypress Dr. bay 4
Jupiter,FL 33469
Office (561)222-4818

Thanks again BP. Mike referred me to someone who referred me to someone else and I ended up talking to Transmission Marine in Fort Lauderdale which, I have read, is one of the heavy weights in BW VD transmissions. They put me in touch with an older retired type guy who still works for/with them part time. He is coming out to look at it on Friday. If we pull it I am going to have to find some 25-ish guy who lifts weights to help. Darn, where is RT Firefly when I need him???

Good luck with it. We got stuck in Lake Worth last December with the same problem.
Just count your lucky stars that you are not at Riviera Beach Marina or you may not have enough left for a transmission rebuild :)

Back
Top Bottom