Borg Warner Gear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psneeld

Guru
Vessel Name
Sold
Vessel Make
Was an Albin/PSN 40
Borg Warner model 10-17-010, ser no 13570, ratio 2.10:1
Cooler hoses on top of tranny, return line not at lower port.
Issue – Oil change….When I removed the plug from the lower port where on most models the cooler return lines attach, a spring pushed the plug out and the spring popped out.
For now, I just stuck it back in and retightened the plug as none of the exploded diagrams clearly show what I have unless that spring is holding in what I believe is a screen/filter?
Question- Is just replacing the spring and plug in any fashion OK? Any special orientation or attachment?

I dont have a screen - the PO must have pulled it out for whatever reason. The spring, however, was still in there. It popped out as yours did about 60 engine hours ago and I didn't put it back in, figuring it wasn't doing much. no issues....

Theres really not much in the housing behind that lower plug - it just goes to a sort of sump area so re-install should be relatively straightforeward

I don't have anything that shows that either. I know there is not a filter screen in mine.
EDIT: I just found a service manual in PDF that shows everything. I e mailed it to you. Hopefully it will show what you need.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom