Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #21
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,711
"I know it's crazy.. between the barn and the garage at last count 37 cylinders... plus 10 on the boat.. way too many oil changes"

I think it's about as American as one can get. I can relate to your 37 cylinders.
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #22
Guru
 
MurrayM's Avatar
 
City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,321
I'm a wuss.

Eight cylinders, total, including the boat, the truck, the push mower, and the bicycle I use to get to work. The 9.9 kicker doesn't really count because it's only for emergencies, so we haven't had to use it yet.

My brother on the other hand, more than makes up for me
__________________

__________________
"The most interesting path between two points is not a straight line" Murray Minchin
MurrayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
Guru
 
hollywood8118's Avatar
 
City: Port Townsend Washington
Country: USA
Vessel Name: " OTTER "
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander Europa 40
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
I'm a wuss.

Eight cylinders, total, including the boat, the truck, the push mower, and the bicycle I use to get to work. The 9.9 kicker doesn't really count because it's only for emergencies, so we haven't had to use it yet.

My brother on the other hand, more than makes up for me

Oh.... I forgot to add the 3 generators, lawn mowers, 3 outboards and the weed whacker.
I used to count spark plugs but as some of the fleet is Diesel I felt the need to move to cylinders.
when I read it it does seem a bit in excess..
Thankfully the Admiral doesn't allow the collecting of junk cars!
HOLLYWOOD
hollywood8118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
Guru
 
MurrayM's Avatar
 
City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,321
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood8118 View Post
Oh.... I forgot to add the 3 generators, lawn mowers, 3 outboards and the weed whacker.
I used to count spark plugs but as some of the fleet is Diesel I felt the need to move to cylinders.
when I read it it does seem a bit in excess..
Thankfully the Admiral doesn't allow the collecting of junk cars!
HOLLYWOOD
Egad lad!

Do you, every morning, kneel down and give thanks before an 'alter of sorts' representing all the prehistoric life forms which are enabling your obviously deep seated need for externally combusted (meaning combusted external to you, as opposed to say, rip-farting chimichangas) power?
__________________
"The most interesting path between two points is not a straight line" Murray Minchin
MurrayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #25
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,711
52 cylinders
48 spark plugs

You can pick on me Murray.

But we can use no more than one at a time.

Still I've got too much stuff. Hard to believe I can keep it all running.

But I can be green about some things.

I'm sure I'm not top dog here though.

I'm glad fuel is still cheap.
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #26
Guru
 
hollywood8118's Avatar
 
City: Port Townsend Washington
Country: USA
Vessel Name: " OTTER "
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander Europa 40
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Egad lad!

Do you, every morning, kneel down and give thanks before an 'alter of sorts' representing all the prehistoric life forms which are enabling your obviously deep seated need for externally combusted (meaning combusted external to you, as opposed to say, rip-farting chimichangas) power?
Gosh I almost forgot..
6 cylinders on the airplane and 4 for its tug...

The admiral caught me this am during meditation...
HOLLYWOOD

After all.. what better way to celebrate the Dinosaurs that to burn them as tribute?
Attached Images
 
hollywood8118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #27
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13,711
Hollywood writes;

"what better way to celebrate the Dinosaurs that to burn them as tribute"

What a vision. Never would'a thunk.

What is it about these Golf's? Look at the consumer reports and see that the Golf is way above all the other VW products. Are they made in Germany while all the rest are made in Brazil? Must be a reason. I'm much more impressed w some details like how the power windows work. My Camry just dosn't measure up to the Golf. But the Camry has VVT and I don't think the Golf does. Certainly not my 2000 Golf. A newer Golf may be in my future.
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #28
Guru
 
hollywood8118's Avatar
 
City: Port Townsend Washington
Country: USA
Vessel Name: " OTTER "
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander Europa 40
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
What is it about these Golf's? Look at the consumer reports and see that the Golf is way above all the other VW products. Are they made in Germany while all the rest are made in Brazil? Must be a reason.
We never set out to be a Vw family ( my main driver is a Toy Tacoma )
But we have a TDi golf, Passat 4motion wagon .. and a New Beetle.

The Golf is a amazing little car... it has had a lot of suspension and power mods done to it and it runs like a scalded cat.. but the Admiral uses it to commute to work and averages 52/53 mpg as it is all highway!

The Passat is a luxury car disguised as a VW soccer mom car.. the bug is our kids car. All have been trouble free.

When I get a wild hair to be green ( rarely ) I drive the Golf and smile at the mileage..
HOLLYWOOD
__________________

hollywood8118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012