Old 11-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #41
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilou View Post
So, you were the man I saw on television driving a Peugeot convertible car ? I can see your Grand Banks Europa in the top right of the pic # 1 !
Instantly recognizable as a Peugeot 403 convertible.
Renault build big trucks, and very likely their own big diesels.
Peugeot cut a swathe through the usual brands when they came to Australia many years ago, beating Ford,GM etc in several round Australia reliability trials for production cars, and have been here, initially as an assembler/builder and later a pure importer, ever since. Renault came the same time, have come and gone, are currently here and doing ok. I competed in one trial under Renault Car Club banner, but not in a Renault.. We saw a lot of body welding repairs done on some Renault competitors during the event.
If you want to gauge Peugeot longevity look at pics out of war torn Arabic areas, you`ll see 404s, 505s, etc, 40-50 years old still in use. It took a while for me to be ready(old enough?) to own one, I`m on my second, it`s a turbo diesel, I like it, and I`ve had some cars I loathed, Jaguars for example.
Peugeot also make some very good salt and pepper grinders. And bicycles. An interesting company.

BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #42

City: Gustavia
Vessel Name: Super MAN
Vessel Model: Terranova Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Instantly recognizable as a Peugeot 403 convertible.
Renault build big trucks, and very likely their own big diesels.
Peugeot cut a swathe through the usual brands when they came to Australia many years ago, beating Ford,GM etc in several round Australia reliability trials for production cars, and have been here, initially as an assembler/builder and later a pure importer, ever since. Renault came the same time, have come and gone, are currently here and doing ok. I competed in one trial under Renault Car Club banner, but not in a Renault.. We saw a lot of body welding repairs done on some Renault competitors during the event.
If you want to gauge Peugeot longevity look at pics out of war torn Arabic areas, you`ll see 404s, 505s, etc, 40-50 years old still in use. It took a while for me to be ready(old enough?) to own one, I`m on my second, it`s a turbo diesel, I like it, and I`ve had some cars I loathed, Jaguars for example.
Peugeot also make some very good salt and pepper grinders. And bicycles. An interesting company.
well Peugeot born in 1810 and first build pepper grinder (we call moulin a poivre in French) and in 1891 build the first car.

in French the nickname for motor is "moulin" because Peugeot was building grinder before motor

101TUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #43
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Peugeot are also making tools and small size motorcycle.
The 404 is simply a legend, it is almost indestructible.
A small french constructor named Dangel took the 404 to create an utility 4x4 pickup and it was incredible and you can still see some running in France.
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #44

City: Gustavia
Vessel Name: Super MAN
Vessel Model: Terranova Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_tribal View Post
Peugeot are also making tools and small size motorcycle.
The 404 is simply a legend, it is almost indestructible.
A small french constructor named Dangel took the 404 to create an utility 4x4 pickup and it was incredible and you can still see some running in France.
30 years ago I had a 203 Peugeot from 1955 it was the most American spirit from the French car
Wondrefull car
101TUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:13 PM   #45
Veteran Member

City: Palma
Yes, they make very nice Motos or scooters plus don´t forget about their BIKES-excellent!
Jonza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:40 PM   #46
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101TUG View Post
30 years ago I had a 203 Peugeot from 1955 it was the most American spirit from the French car
Wondrefull car
When I was at university a guy had one 203 and was renovating it, it is a really nice car, I loved to see it!
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:23 AM   #47

City: Kiln,MS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski in NC View Post
Probably took the low bid.

with out a doubt that's what they did.

the one universal truth i have learned being in the industry is every ones stuff breaks. its just a matter of time. the key difference between mfg is the level of service and support you get from the dealer and the factory when it does break.

BIG CAT is offline   Reply With Quote