Appropriate engine for Pacific Northwest cruising?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bendit,I agree that would be a bit of work and if I had your boat I wouldn't do it either. I wish mine was 3' longer but I'm dot about to cut it in half. I was just analyzing your boat.
Woody,
" Those things are crap because they are made of plastic.". Did you think Marin's boat was made of wood? My boat's made out of "plastic" and I'm quite pleased with it. You should give those plastic boats a try * *.... you may like them. I'd buy a wood GB too if it was 100% sound.
keyporttrawler,
"Camano 31, which was truely designed and built to go semi-displacement speeds.". Do you think this because it LOOKS like a trawler? I think it was designed to go at planing speeds because of it's extremely shallow hull and light displacement. I think they are an extremely attractive boat and I lusted over them until I saw one out of the water. Then I didn't think it was over powered anymore. I still think it's a great boat * * ....just not what it appears to be. The Camano was designed to plane like the Fathom 40.
But you are right about the Nordic Tug. Absolutely right. I'd love to have one if they had a hull that ramped up in the stern like a disp hull should. And they are too heavy to go fast GRACEFULLY. Planing boats should plane * *...not plow.

Back
Top Bottom