Any experience with Bruntons Sigma Drive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waterant

Vessel Name
DORA
Vessel Make
2002 Mainship 430
Hi guys,

I consider replacing current Globe Drivesaver installed between my shaft coupling and the transmission with R&D drive saver: allows to check/adjust alignment without removing it
or Bruntons Sigma Drive: automatically "fixes" a much greater misalignment and allows the shaft to be slipped inside the coupling if prop hits something.

but i can not find any reviews of using those on a trawler or powerboat. There are a fair number of happy saiboat users but with smaller shafts and engines.
Anybody uses this item or knows somebody who is using it on a trawler or powerboat?

My main reason for replacing is because it's not possible to properly check and adjust the alignment with current Globe Drivesaver.

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Anton
m/v "Dora"

I know this is an old post, but I just installed the SD-100 on my boat today. The install went reasonably well,and I will test it out tomorrow and report back.

Reason I installed it is my boat has had some driveline vibration for awhile that I wanted to address. I also recently lost all but one of the shaft coupler bolts on a long crossing and I needed to address that. I think I might have a slight alignment problem and I’m hoping this clears that up as well. I tried to align the engine but couldn’t seem to get it perfect so that’s why I tried this thing.

Sigmadrive - Bruntons Propellers

Thanks,
please let me know if you notice a difference. It's too late for my old boat but I may need it on a "new" one.

For my boat the difference was like night and day. Super smooth at all RPMs. The boat also seemed quieter, maybe from the reduced vibration?

Super, thanks. Congratulations on the successful upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom