Another Sender Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capn Craig

Guru
I finally got my boat pulled and winterized for another long cold winter yesterday. but last weekend when bringing the boat from my homeport marina to its winter resting place I am getting an engine alarm on my starboard Perkins 6.3544M engine. All gauges all read normal. So I assume I'm getting a false signal from either the oil pressure or temp sender. I looked the engine over thinking the sending units should be obvious but it was starting to get dark when I finished winterizing everything and the building lights were not much help I gave up till spring. Does anybody have an idea where the senders are at on this engine?

Check out your engine manual. If you don’t have one look online.

Thanks for your suggestions. I did check the workshop manual first and I didn't find any mention of them. I did find the oil pressure gauge on the end of the main oil gallery in schematic view. So I'm guessing its in the front of the engine if the schematic view shows components in spatial relationship but temperature sender I can't find mention of I don't know why but the manual doesn't have an index. Maybe it a Brittish thing.

Back
Top Bottom