Old 07-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #1

City: cape canaveral
Vessel Name: Island Girl
Vessel Model: Prairie 29
4.236 exhaust elbow

Bought my prairie 29 few months back and after getting her to my home marina had noticed a growing exhaust leak from a highly corroded exhaust elbow, this wasnt the original one and appeared more hardware store than marine. After looking all through the web and perkins us had really hard time finding one. Seemed the few I did find were 500 dollars up. Then last week i found a company in UK that had in stock the us elbows and elbow , gasket and 3 day shipping was $145.00 us ! Anyways the thing fit perfectly and was a great savings , its ASAP supplies of UK, part number 202031 hope it helps anyone with a 236

"There is always one more imbecile than you counted on"
vesselislandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesselislandgirl View Post
Bought my prairie 29 few months back and after getting her to my home marina had noticed a growing exhaust leak from a highly corroded exhaust elbow, this wasnt the original one and appeared more hardware store than marine. After looking all through the web and perkins us had really hard time finding one. Seemed the few I did find were 500 dollars up. Then last week i found a company in UK that had in stock the us elbows and elbow , gasket and 3 day shipping was $145.00 us ! Anyways the thing fit perfectly and was a great savings , its ASAP supplies of UK, part number 202031 hope it helps anyone with a 236
Thanks-always good to have a source. Could you possibly include the supplier/address/contact site/phone #? As I have this engine, the notation in the log book would be a comfort. Thanks,
Al-Ketchkan

Al is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
What a great buy! I hate to think what I paid many years ago for the same. I should buy a pair as spares. Thanks for the info.

Here's a link...

https://www.asap-supplies.com/us/exhaust-outlet-202031

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:42 AM   #4

City: cape canaveral
Vessel Name: Island Girl
Vessel Model: Prairie 29
Glad you found it, I actually just ordered another myself, Yesterday I showed my local Marine Mech and he said you wont find that price in any place in the US, As its Aluminum and forged said should not have any mixer tee cracking issues as the homemade ones can have. And the freight just to get it to me in 3 days had to been 1/2 the cost.
"There is always one more imbecile than you counted on"
vesselislandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote