120 Ford Lehman RPM issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wallabyshane

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gypsy Lee
Vessel Make
43 Cheoy Lee Motorsailer
Hey all,
My RPM on my 120hp Ford Lehman has stopped working. Can anyone tell me what this is called please? It may be the issue.
TIA

Attachments

• 15334338545934944239711936567059.jpg
    15334338545934944239711936567059.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 98
Pretty sure that’s your oil pressure sender.

Rpm probably comes off your alternator.

Is your alternator working? Any charging voltage?

My 1973 120 Lehman had it tach Drive sensor and did not register off the alternator

Most likely the tach will have three wires going to it. One ground, black. One wire for the light, should be brown. The third wire is the rpm wire that goes to the alternator and most important will likely be the same color all the way to the tach.

If you have a voltmeter it’s A/C going to the tach.

Tachs do break. Do you have upper/lower helm stations?

Most likely the tach will have three wires going to it. One ground, black. One wire for the light, should be brown. The third wire is the rpm wire that goes to the alternator and most important will likely be the same color all the way to the tach.

If you have a voltmeter it’s A/C going to the tach.

Tachs do break. Do you have upper/lower helm stations?
Yes. Both upper and lower helm stations neither of which the RPM is working. I'll have a look at the wires you described. Thank you. Appreciate it.

The wire on the top left back of the alt (looking at from the back) providing that's where your sender is setup from and not the other types. That connector gets loose and sometimes breaks - needs fixing. The good news is if your motors running you have RPM's :)

The wire on the top left back of the alt (looking at from the back) providing that's where your sender is setup from and not the other types. That connector gets loose and sometimes breaks - needs fixing. The good news is if your motors running you have RPM's :)
Perfect. Will have a look. Thank you.

Wallabee, that is the most disreputable sender ever seen on this site!Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom