Time Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regardless of Internet references, diesel fuel is considered (by the ABYC) safe enough to not need ignition protected alternators, starters, etc., while gasoline is not. You really shouldn't be using power tools around a gasoline engine. They are fine with diesel.

"Around a gasoline engine"....2 feet, 10 feet, 20 feet?.. spoken like a true safety coordinator without practical excperience.

Sparks should not be generated in the presence or immediate vicinity of gasoline vapors is a more reasonable expectation.....

Last edited:
I think that TF is not about any one thing, I think that it is about enjoying the boating lifestyle. Some of us live on-board full time, others part time. Some of us have boats that only go hull speed, others that can top 25K. But all of us follow TF for the knowledge that we can gain, and the ability to see how other people handle the daily things that surround being around boats.

I absolutely agree that TF is about sharing boating information ,certainly attuned , to trawlers but also to all of the boaters that like cruising, anchoring and looping on any type of boat....I believe that there is a brand specific blog if all you want to do is talk about your brand or type of boat....but for me, I love the variety of TF....keep up the conversation!

And even a couple of Vikings

There are tens of thousands of gasoline powered boats running all over the East Coast, offshore, rivers, lakes and canals that we refer to as the loop. With but a little planning and a few jerry cans, whether a marina or Circle K gas is available.

Years ago we had a twin gas Trojan 36 woodie. From St Louis there was no point on the loop that was out of reach had we the time and inclination. But working for a living kept us on the Mississippi, Illinois and Ohio Rivers. And safely out of hurricane country.

Back
Top Bottom