Old 12-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #41
Guru

City: Pender Harbour, BC
Vessel Name: Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Model: Custom Aluminum 52
A lot of gnashing of teeth here; the two things I gleaned from it all, apart from the strong urge to go and buy a shotgun and a box of rock salt, is,

Common Sense

Common Courtesy

There are always morons operating machinery, whether it be cars, bicycles, grocery buggies or yachts. Life is too short to deal with them all in the way they should be dealt with so our job is to stay calm and be comforted by how karma is a bitch and that we are real sea captains responsible for people's lives.

Happy New Year you lot!
Old 12-28-2016, 12:31 AM   #42
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
I saw he same subject and opinion in different threads here and like anchor thread this will never ever lead to anywhere.
The reality is that courtesy is not a matter of law, rules or anything else but only care about others and being able to realize that what you don't want to get you don't give away.
While at anchor and having a drink I saw fishermen in small boat slow down not to wake me and salute me. Underway I saw big cruisers wake me like a !eaf and just ignore my salute. There is no general rule about who you meet and what will be the behavior.
This does not apply only to boat but to everything in life, you can meet people holding the door for you, some don't, you can meet people stop at the street corner and let you pass,and some not, you can meet people saying hello and some just ignore you... That life and humans, some great some less and opinion will diverge depending on who you are.
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote