Dingy and Mounting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rondalw1

Vessel Name
WIXHAUSEN
Vessel Make
Jefferson 42
Need some help on mounting Dingy on 44' Marine Trader. I really do not want to lose a lot of deck space. I also do not want to cover my swim platform as I still would like to fish of the stern. Ideas, experiences and sources please.

We had a Sea Wise davit system on a previous boat. It was really nice.

The aft deck fwd of the fishing area will only hold a 7' to 8' rowboat. otherwise you are looking at covering your swimgrid, either with proper davits or a Seawise or Weaver tip up system. The only way to have a real dinghy and still be able to fish from the stern is to tow. Then you are unrestricted, so might as well tow a small fishing machine.

Once you find a good towable, you won't want to go back to a liftable, as you can get 20 knots dinghy speed, so your range of exploration or fishing is expanded terrifically.

I really do not want to lose a lot of deck space. I also do not want to cover my swim platform as I still would like to fish of the stern. Ideas, experiences and sources please.

You're running out of options. Are you fishing on the swim platform while underway? Can the dinghy be launched and tied to a midship cleat while fishing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom