Cellphone use underway, or...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
"Ain't love grand?" The NTSB has cited a towboat captain's cellphone use in a $60 million accident. "The towboat Loretta G. Cenac was falling back behind another towboat as the Greek flagged bulk carrier Arit T. approached at 1954 on Jan. 31st. The ship missed the tow, but struck several vessels and structures along the left descending bank. The incident at mile marker 125 near Norco, La., caused nearly $60 million in damage and two injured dock workers. Had the captain on the Loretta G. Cenac been focused on his navigational duties instead of on the communication with his girlfriend at 1947, the images on the vessel's radar and electronic chart would have likely raised his awareness of the dangerous traffic situation that was developing."

Another example that when aboard a car, a boat or a train or anything else, if you are not focused on what you should be, i.e. driving, you become a danger for yourself but also for others, and it is not limited to cellphone usage.

Let me add this: an old coot (like me) was workin' on his boat in the engine room and slipped under one the engines and he became trapped. He had his cellphone in his back pocket but could not get at it. He called for help and someone on the dock heard him and he was rescued.

Let me add this: an old coot (like me) was workin' on his boat in the engine room and slipped under one the engines and he became trapped. He had his cellphone in his back pocket but could not get at it. He called for help and someone on the dock heard him and he was rescued.

Wifey B: Once realizing you weren't hurt, or hope not, that had to be a funny site. One Saturday a few years ago I got a call from my neighbor, an older lady. She was stuck under her Christmas tree. She was decorating and it tilted and landed on top of her. She wasn't hurt but it was too heavy for her to lift off. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom