Old 02-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #61
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Dammit man. I thought it was cheap here in Texas. I guess we are somewhere in the middle!
Meridian 411...T-Cummins 450C
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:34 PM   #62
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftee View Post
As B&B said, the South Florida rates are, um, "entertaining". Here in Pompano Beach/Lighthouse Point, $27 per foot, per month, plus electricity, plus "Clean Marina" charge. All that comes to a bit over $16K per year for our 45-footer. Then, if you want to take full advantage of the Club's facilities, you really need to join the Club (another large chunk of money), but there are restaurant/bar credits for paying in full for the year, bringing in new members, etc. We love it here, but it ain't cheap!
And LHP is one of the most active, vibrant yacht clubs you could find. Great place to keep a boat, great club to be a member of (we're not, but simply because of location). And do love Thursday nights there with Prime Rib. We've visited a lot of yacht clubs and the ones in this area just are different. More family oriented and active. Not built around a group of older people who seldom use the facilities. LYC much like LHP in that regard.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #63

City: Gainesville, FL
You're right. LPYRC is a great place. We have a VERY active liveaboard community and do a Monday evening "Grill & Chill" every week at the end of B-Dock. Usually get 10-25 people - liveaboards, clubmembers, and transients! Then, every other Friday night, we have live music out at the Tiki Bar. Let me know if you ever want to visit for a Thursday prime rib night. Wednesday pasta buffet is pretty awesome too. We're right up front in slip B-1 and we'd be happy to have you come up as our guests!

Eric & Cinda

(We even have our own shirts (boat names & slip numbers on the back) and fb page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/LHPYRCLiveaboards/)
Attached Thumbnails
LPYRC property2-01.jpg  
Old 02-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #64
S41
Veteran Member

City: Puget Sound
Vessel Model: Currently boatless
In Olympia, WA with a 50' slip and living aboard we run between $535-$585 a month all in. Electricity, weekly pump out at our slip, taxes, are all included in that amount. The difference in cost is electricity usage. Unmetered water and parking is included along with 24 hour security on the docks and a security person cruising the docks and parking also (24 hours a day)

Cost breakdown:
Slip: $8.95 / foot / Month
Live aboard Fee $75.00 / Month (Includes a weekly pump out at my slip)
Electricity is $5.00 plus usage per month
Taxes are included in the costs above.
S41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #65
TF Site Team

City: Paris,TN
Vessel Name: Slo-Poke
Vessel Model: Jorgensen custom 44
$240.00 a month plus electric .Covered 40ft slip , water included . State Park
Old 02-01-2016, 04:04 PM   #66
Wannabe

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Name: Stillwater
Vessel Model: Kadey-Krogen 54
I'm at Westpoint Harbor, Redwood City, CA. The rate for a 60' (x 19') slip is $660/month (i.e. $7910/year). Electricity (220V, 50A) is metered (current rate $0.20/kWh). The marina is very new and there are wide concrete docks in like new condition.

There is a pumpout system that runs to all the slips. A cart can be wheeled to the nearest access port, a hose plugged in and your boat pumped out without ever having to leave the slip. This is a real treat for liveaboards.

Richard
Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #67
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftee View Post
You're right. LPYRC is a great place. We have a VERY active liveaboard community and do a Monday evening "Grill & Chill" every week at the end of B-Dock. Usually get 10-25 people - liveaboards, clubmembers, and transients! Then, every other Friday night, we have live music out at the Tiki Bar. Let me know if you ever want to visit for a Thursday prime rib night. Wednesday pasta buffet is pretty awesome too. We're right up front in slip B-1 and we'd be happy to have you come up as our guests!

Eric & Cinda
I do appreciate the invitation and we have been there once on Thursday night. It was nice. More than the food though, the community there. When you travel as much as we do, you see a lot of yacht clubs and I like those nearest me right here better than any of the others I've been to, including some very nice private resorts. I think very quickly of two yacht clubs within 100 miles that are polite but not welcoming. The members don't really seem to be enjoying themselves.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:25 PM   #68
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Mule View Post
$240.00 a month plus electric covered 40ft slip , water included . State Park
Tennessee and Kentucky have the most incredible state parks on the water of any places I've found. I look forward to seeing them all. Oh, to be fair, I have to toss Joe Wheeler in there and it's in Alabama.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #69
Guru

City: Cape May, NJ
Vessel Name: Irish Lady
Vessel Model: Monk 36
$8/ft/month uncovered fixed private dock in SW FL.
1984 Monk 36 Hull #46
Currently in Cape May, NJ
High Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #70
Dauntless Award

City: Wrangell, Alaska
Vessel Name: Dauntless
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Waterford, Ireland
The City Dock

$400 for the six months Oct-Mar
$800 for the six summer months

$1200 for the entire year or $100 / month

Electricity is extra. Dock is downtown.

I will miss it next year :-(

a Kadey Krogen 42 currently: https://share.garmin.com/dauntless
Blog:
https://dauntlessatsea.com
Wxx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:44 PM   #71

Lake Barkley, KY, 70 x 20 covered slip, $6500 per year including water and wifi. Electric is metered at 0.11/kwhr.
Tomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #72
TF Site Team

City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44
Downtown Vancouver, in Stanley Park, my shelter in the Yacht club, together with the cost of membership, for a 55' shelter, separate electricity, metered, is about $1000 per month. That also gets me 7 fantastic outstations, so I can cruise without incurring any further moorage charges, and the use of a good restaurant, wedding venue (used for two of our 3 kids) and the chance to make life-long friendships. Two of my kids are now mooring sailboats in club premises, as are my sister, one of her kids, my brother and one of his kids. Seems the relatively high cost is no deterrent.
Across Vancouver Harbour, the commercial marina would charge the same for outside moorage and none of the club amenities. Coal Harbour Marina | Annual Moorage
koliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #73
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilge53 View Post
Oriental, NC from a marina website
35 ft. Slip $ 200/month (shallow draft, primarily for motor vessels)
40 ft. Slip $ 275/month
50 ft. Slip $ 300/month
Catamaran Slip $ 325/month

Electric Extra
Pool

...and, this is not a dump.
Pecan Grove, huh? Nice place... Well great location for sure. We were there for a while. Hated they only due full 1-year leases. We like to move around too much for that. We will stop by next time we are in town.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:10 PM   #74
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Wow, after looking at some of the monthly/annual slip fees I've come to realize how lucky we have it. 60'x40' covered slip in a 6 year old marina runs $250/month plus power which is billed at $0.0684 per kWh. My quarterly bill in the winter months runs about $30 per quarter. Summertime, it's about $15-20.

There is a gas/diesel/pumpout dock about 50 yards away with free pumpouts and gas/diesel priced near what street pump prices are.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #75

City: Anchor Pointe, Ohio
Vessel Name: Sea Moose
Vessel Model: 1976 34' D/C Taiwanese Trawler
I have 2 45' slips, 16' wide, they cost me $2200/Yr + $1200 inside storage. But I am on Lake Erie...
SeaMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #76
Guru

City: UMR MM283
Vessel Name: Northern Lights II
Vessel Model: Bayliner 3870
Two Rivers marina umr mm 283, 44, X 16' covered $3515.00 per year, electric metered @ $.20 kWh. $1000.00 for a covered slip with lift for my 17' center console. Nice clean marina, very well protected from wakes or wind generated waves. They have a dredge, a excellent mechanic and a 40 ton lift. Amenities are pool, clean shower house and laundry facilities

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Old 02-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #77
Guru

City: Port Townsend
Vessel Name: The Promise
Vessel Model: Roughwater 35
Our moorage rate is about to go down. By end of March we will move The Promise from the Fremont cut in Seattle to beautiful Port Hadlock. Moorage rate will be $317/mo. plus electric. Free water, pump-out at every slip, water, wifi, laundry & showers.

Our new hole in the water....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
dhmeissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:56 PM   #78
Guru

City: New Orleans
Vessel Name: Panache
Vessel Model: Viking 43 Double Cabin '76
You northeasterners refer to "the season" - that a fixed start/stop date ?
sbu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:08 PM   #79
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbu22 View Post
You northeasterners refer to "the season" - that a fixed start/stop date ?
It obviously varies some by how far NE. However, generally the season is May 1-October 31.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:36 PM   #80
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Interestingly, that's the same boating window as the Great Barrier Reef area. Cyclone season is November to April.

Usually no-one from Hervey Bay south worries about cyclones for this period, but historically some have come as far south as northern NSW. So far my only plan to deal with the possibility is to double up mooring lines and just stay in the marina berth in the river. Otherwise, down here its year-round boating.