Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
DCBD's Avatar
 
City: Sidney BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Our Island
Vessel Model: KK Manatee
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 202
RE: A transient at our marina on the TN River

There's a 55 foot FB Coaster that's currently in Alaska (MV Teddi Bear). It was the PMM covershot in the Sept. 2008 edition. So I'm thinking it must be a reasonably stable boat having made it's way there from Seattle. It was built in NZ. They were PO of our boat. Some of you may have run into them up there.
__________________
Advertisement

DCBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #22
Guru
 
healhustler's Avatar
 
City: Longboat Key, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,178
RE: A transient at our marina on the TN River

Quote:
DCBD wrote:
There's a 55 foot FB Coaster that's currently in Alaska (MV Teddi Bear). It was the PMM covershot in the Sept. 2008 edition. So I'm thinking it must be a reasonably stable boat having made it's way there from Seattle. It was built in NZ. They were PO of our boat. Some of you may have run into them up there.
Well Dave, at least you know what your next step "up" is. *May as well follow them up the ladder.
__________________

healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #23
Master and Commander
 
markpierce's Avatar
 
City: Vallejo CA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,251
RE: A transient at our marina on the TN River

Quote:
DCBD wrote:
There's a 55 foot FB Coaster that's currently in Alaska (MV Teddi Bear). It was the PMM covershot in the Sept. 2008 edition. So I'm thinking it must be a reasonably stable boat having made it's way there from Seattle. It was built in NZ. They were PO of our boat. Some of you may have run into them up there.
*Doesn't take a large favorable weather window to reach the protected waters of SE Alaska.

markpierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #24
Guru
 
Steve's Avatar
 
City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,605
RE: A transient at our marina on the TN River

I did a tour of a fellow MOTA memebers 45 footer, it was huge inside.
Steve W.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:36 AM   #25
Guru
 
Sailor of Fortune's Avatar
 
City: Saint Augustine, Fl.
Country: Port of St Augustine ,FL
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,940
RE: A transient at our marina on the TN River

Singer Billy Joel used to own one of these boats. If my memory serves me ,I think it was the "Red Head". This was back in the late 80's or early 90's.
Sailor of Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:01 AM   #26
Guru
 
jleonard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,734
RE: A transient at our marina on the TN River

Quote:
Sailor of Fortune wrote:
Singer Billy Joel used to own one of these boats. If my memory serves me ,I think it was the "Red Head". This was back in the late 80's or early 90's.
*Yes that is correct. We have seen him out and about in that boat.
__________________

jleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Campbell River BC weebobby Fuel Check 0 09-29-2011 06:47 PM
Toms River NJ, River Bank Marina-- $3.95 /gal 6/18/2011 JohnP Fuel Check 0 06-19-2011 04:49 AM
River Dunes, Grace Harbor Marina Oriental NC JD Fuel Check 4 06-15-2011 05:25 AM
River Boat larrylwill General Discussion 23 04-20-2011 12:25 PM
Joyner Marina, ICW, Cape fear River to Wrightsville Beach, NC JMYSS Fuel Check 0 03-27-2011 11:12 AM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012