Transient Dockage Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How much will you pay per foot for transient dockage?

• If not free, it ain't for me.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • $1

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • $2

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • $3

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • $4

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • $5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >$5

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
Newport and Block Island cost up to $7per foot in some cases they charge extra for electric :eek: Sorry no I will rent a mooring or throw the hook as I prefer to be off the dock at all times. Plus I am cheap.

Most I've seen was NYC at around $7 but I stayed at the 79th st marina for $2.50. Least I've seen is $26 for the whole season, in Ramea Newfoundland.

Newport and Block Island cost up to $7per foot in some cases they charge extra for electric :eek: Sorry no I will rent a mooring or throw the hook as I prefer to be off the dock at all times. Plus I am cheap.

Wifey B: When we visited Newport and kept the boat there over a month, we used a friend's slip so didn't have to pay. :)

I prefer to anchor but if a marina offers the things I think are important I would pay $5.00 per foot. BTW things that are important may change from day to day. I have paid $600.00 a night in a hotel because I needed to stay there so all of this is dependent of my needs at the time.

The Galleon, Key West in season, $4.50
Any place in Miami, in season, $6.50
Marina Jacks, downtown SARASOTA, in season, $2.50. Marina Jacks in October, $1.25 (buy-1-get-1).

I think it’s often like real estate: location, location, location, with the added factor of seasonal demand. I agree on the impact of the economy, and to a lesser extent that of the large marina operators, but as the seasonal differences show, marinas will consistently price to the market.

I usually look first for a yacht club to get reciprocal moorage...for free, and that often includes power.

I put $1 because, as the resident TF Cheapskate, that's what I'll look for. I hate paying more than $60/night just to park the boat. Rather than pay for transient moorage I'll probably anchor out and take the dinghy to the dock.
Perhaps a clarification to my initial post would be in order at this point. Yes, I am still the resident TF Cheapskate and would still prefer recip moorage. That being said, I would not be opposed to paying $4-$6 per foot for a night or two if the location called for it.

We're planning a 4.5-5 month trip for (hopefully) next summer. On that trip I expect my wife will get somewhat stir crazy. An occasional night or two at a resort marina would be in order to reduce the crazies.

Mike

Only a night or two over 4.5-5 month trip? You are the master, you have to tell me how you manage that without a firearm. :)

I said $3 but that's only under special circumstances. The Wharf in Alabama has gone to $3 and they charge a "room tax" on top of that, the way a hotel would.

Mike

Only a night or two over 4.5-5 month trip? You are the master, you have to tell me how you manage that without a firearm. :)
41Db7QP3jXL._SX425_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom