Northern Chesapeake Dockage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FIRE

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sea Change
Just acquired a new to us Trawler 60' LOA 16' Beam and looking to keep her in the Northern Chesapeake area for the coming year. I have dockage through March but it is a bit pricey with $1750 2023 monthly rates.

Going to use the Chesapeake as a learning ground for shakedown, overnighting, exploring, anchoring, docking, and hopefully encountering many of the scenarios we will experience up and down the East Coast when our self imposed training wheels come off.

We will be driving down from Long Island each trip and would prefer to keep the road trip as short as possible, hence Northern Chesapeake.

Not being from the area we are wondering if we can reduce the dock expense for a decent place. "Decent" meaning safe/secure, water, electric, showers, laundry, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Havre de Grace, Md. Right off I-95. Tidewater Marina is the biggest. About an hour run down the channel to open water.

Georgetown, Md. Several decent places - nicest is probably Skipjack Marina. On the Sassafras, one of the nicest rivers on the Bay. 25 minutes from I-95.

Summit North Marina on the C&D canal. In Delaware if that matters for tax purposes. Not pretty but a good hurricane hole. Shallow (we come in at high water +/- 2 hours) though supposed to be dredged this winter.

Further south (45 mins from I-95) are several marinas on Worton Creek.

..and further south still, several nice places in Rock Hall.

Worton Creek marina, Safe Harbor Kent Narrows, Safe Harbor Great Oaks are all good and have lots of larger slips

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom