New Home Marina Chattanooga Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CruisingSlow

Vessel Name
Cruisin C's
Vessel Make
Carver 440
Hi Folks,

Finally getting settled in a new(er) boat and looking to transfer it from Nashville to Chattanooga.

I've heard of Island Cove Marina and Harbor Lights Marina. Any thoughts / comments on these two marinas or other ones in that area?

We are not going to be live-aboards but will be on the boat every other weekend or so. We are looking for friendly folks, good area restaurants and clean facilities. Reasonable rates will go a long way too.

I'd love to hear where you would choose and why, thanks in advance.

I bought my boat in Island Cove Marina. Seems like a well run place for the most part. There is a Mexican restaurant on site, a small chandlery, and a full service boat yard. It's a bit of a drive to supermarkets, big box stores, etc, (10-15 miles). Know nothing about the other one.

Hope you have robust air conditioning. Way too hot and humid for this Northern California boy.

Island Cove has improved since it was hit by a tornado several years ago. I’m told it has the largest lift in the area. When we bring our boat back to Chattanooga later this year, we’ll be considering IC, Chickamauga Marina and Gold Point. The latter two are well protected from wakes, very well maintained and closer to major shopping areas. They’re owned by the same group and Chickamauga has a service and parts department. There are several smaller marinas in the area, such as Big Ridge and Harbor Lights, but there may be access issues for larger boats. If you don’t mind driving to North Alabama, there are some nice marinas on Guntersville Lake that may be more cost-competitive.

We are looking to relocate to the Chattanooga area from Joe wheeler state park marina. So far in our search, nothing is on par with the quality of JWSP. Island cove has the same type of amenities but zero availability and no diesel fuel sales. I’m gonna check out Gold Point and a few others next week.

Back
Top Bottom